Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte B550 Vision D + AMD Ryzen 5900X + RX6800 + WD SN850 1TB NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Middleman, hello sir. Something very unexpected just happened!. I have a GA-B550M-DS3H, Ryzen 5 3600X and a RX580 and I surprisingly booted into Big Sur 11.0.1, using a EFI, (attached below) through HackinDROM. Clearly I haven't touched the config.plist, I know this because its currently installing in Russian, and the SMBIOS should be MacPro, 7,1, but lets not get bogged down with these easily fixed details. Would you kindly take a peek at the EFI and suggest some revisions.
Yes sure.

1) Looking at it, it seems mostly fine for now. To change the language, you need to go to your NVRAM find the key prev-lang:kbd and change the value to en-US:0.

2) For the SMBIOS I think you should leave it alone at iMacPro1,1 - that's the best setting for the Ryzen chip afaik.

3) Kernel patch - you will definitely need to change the value of the first 3 lines under Kernel > Patch to match your CPU as it is currently set for 12 core Ryzen 5900X. Check out the Dortania guide for this. Read the 'Modifying Kernel Patches' section here > https://github.com/mikigal/ryzen-hackintosh

4) You might need to look at the alcid value for your soundcard though and change it under the NVRAM. The device name will need changing too (currently under ALC1220).

5) I think you may need to check the ethernet device properties as there is more than one port enabled on this EFI (for the B550 Vision D?), plus also check if the WiFi card is the correct one added.

6) You could also enable the RX580.aml in ACPI for the AGPM.

Yes sure.

1) Looking at it, it seems mostly fine for now. To change the language, you need to go to your NVRAM find the key prev-lang:kbd and change the value to en-US:0.

2) For the SMBIOS I think you should leave it alone at iMacPro1,1 - that's the best setting for the Ryzen chip afaik.

3) Kernel patch - you will definitely need to change the value of the first 3 lines under Kernel > Patch to match your CPU as it is currently set for 12 core Ryzen 5900X. Check out the Dortania guide for this. Read the 'Modifying Kernel Patches' section here > https://github.com/mikigal/ryzen-hackintosh

4) You might need to look at the alcid value for your soundcard though and change it under the NVRAM. The device name will need changing too (currently under ALC1220).

5) I think you may need to check the ethernet device properties as there is more than one port enabled on this EFI (for the B550 Vision D?), plus also check if the WiFi card is the correct one added.

6) You could also enable the RX580.aml in ACPI for the AGPM.

Thank you, I will take a look at the plist later and make the suggested changes. Very happy that I got it to boot!.

Hello. I'm away from Snow Flake so can't test the EFI until tomorrow. But Here's what I have edited
1. Language change, I changed 'Type' to 'String', is that correct?.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.06.34 PM.png

3. Kernal Patch, changing values to match core count for Ryzen 5 3600X.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.10.27 PM.png

4. Sound, no I have none right now. When I'm in front of the Build I'll take another look.

5. Ethernet device properties. I have a FV T919 installed and wireless and bluetooth just worked OOB, so do I really need to worry about these?. The EFI I downloaded was for the B550 Vision D-P.

6. Enable RX580.aml for AGPM.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.13.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello. I'm away from Snow Flake so can't test the EFI until tomorrow. But Here's what I have edited
1. Language change, I changed 'Type' to 'String', is that correct?.
View attachment 533628

Yes correct.

3. Kernal Patch, changing values to match core count for Ryzen 5 3600X.
View attachment 533629

Correct.

4. Sound, no I have none right now. When I'm in front of the Build I'll take another look.

If you can boot Windows, look under the Device Properties ie. Realtek soundchip and check the IDs. The device-id should tell you the model of the card. ie. ALC897.

5. Ethernet device properties. I have a FV T919 installed and wireless and bluetooth just worked OOB, so do I really need to worry about these?. The EFI I downloaded was for the B550 Vision D-P.

The Fenvi is a Broadcom card if I'm correct so should be natively supported by macOS and doesn't need kexts to drive them.

6. Enable RX580.aml for AGPM.
View attachment 533630

It looks okay.

View attachment 533628

Yes correct.

View attachment 533629

Correct.

If you can boot Windows, look under the Device Properties ie. Realtek soundchip and check the IDs. The device-id should tell you the model of the card. ie. ALC897.

The Fenvi is a Broadcom card if I'm correct so should be natively supported by macOS and doesn't need kexts to drive them.

View attachment 533630

It looks okay.

Thanks Middleman, I know your busy with your 690 so I appreciate you taking the time to look at my post. One last thing, When I select 'about this Mac' the GPU comes up as 'AMD Radeon R9 380 8GB'. Looking through the Kernel patches 13, AGPMinjector-iMacPro1,1-R9-380 and 14, AGPMinjector-iMacPro1,1-RX580, I enabled 14, in the hope it will show the right info in 'About This Mac', is that wise?.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.53.30 AM.png

Thanks Middleman, I know your busy with your 690 so I appreciate you taking the time to look at my post. One last thing, When I select 'about this Mac' the GPU comes up as 'AMD Radeon R9 380 8GB'. Looking through the Kernel patches 13, AGPMinjector-iMacPro1,1-R9-380 and 14, AGPMinjector-iMacPro1,1-RX580, I enabled 14, in the hope it will show the right info in 'About This Mac', is that wise?.

View attachment 533997
That may be a problem. If you've already enabled the .aml for the RX580 you shouldn't need to enable the AGPM kext. Choose one or the other.

That may be a problem. If you've already enabled the .aml for the RX580 you shouldn't need to enable the AGPM kext. Choose one or the other.
Interesting, so I've disabled SSDT-X570-RX580-slot-1.aml in ACPI and enabled AGPMInjector-iMacPro1,1-RX580.kext in Kernal, will try the adjusted EFI tomorrow. With the RX570/RX580 aml enabled I saw a 10000 point reduction in Metal GB5 bench, it topped 46000 before I touched the EFI. Then when I did enable it the score was around 35000 and has varied between 36000-39000 since. I'm thinking the 46000 score was a fluke.

@craighazan
Yes indeed working with the Z690 was quite a pleasant surprise. I wasn't really expecting to get a system upgrade so quickly (and have it work with macOS so soon too) after having gotten a Z490 and B550 early this year, but felt compelled when I saw my local PC dealer early this week. As soon as he said 'It will be out of stock very soon because of the shipping delays worldwide' I knew I had to get it. I'm expecting this system to last me quite a few years at least.

As it goes Ryzen B550 system is very good and incredibly fast. If you're not running software like Adobe on it like I do you shouldn't come across too many problems (it can be a stop & start issue at times).

Interesting, so I've disabled SSDT-X570-RX580-slot-1.aml in ACPI and enabled AGPMInjector-iMacPro1,1-RX580.kext in Kernal, will try the adjusted EFI tomorrow. With the RX570/RX580 aml enabled I saw a 10000 point reduction in Metal GB5 bench, it topped 46000 before I touched the EFI. Then when I did enable it the score was around 35000 and has varied between 36000-39000 since. I'm thinking the 46000 score was a fluke.

I'm surprised by that too. But it could also be Resizeable Bar being enabled via the .aml? Check if Resizeable Bar has been enabled in the BIOS. If it has it may have helped with the GPU memory data sharing with the CPU, thus bumping up the scores.

@Middleman
Good job on the Z690, I was watching developments closely yesterday, great team work and fun to read. The B550 is definitely fast and solid, I'll take a look at BIOS tomorrow and check 'Resizable Bar' when I'm back in town. Thanks for the help and great work on the Z690!.

@Middleman
Good job on the Z690, I was watching developments closely yesterday, great team work and fun to read. The B550 is definitely fast and solid, I'll take a look at BIOS tomorrow and check 'Resizable Bar' when I'm back in town. Thanks for the help and great work on the Z690!.
You're welcome! (and yes it was fun!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back