Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i9-9900K + Asus Z390-I Gaming + RX 5700 XT 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep works. All USB 3.0 ports seem to work fine. Front panel 3.0 USB Type A port works fine.
Front panel 3.1 USB-C doesn't work in WINDOWS or in OSX.

Have contacted NZXT twice but not heard back. Put that down to COVID?

Before I complained to NZXT some more I wanted to confirm that the port works for someone.

I put a USB-C to USB -A (the standard USB connector) and the port still doesn't work.

could you please share your USB configuration file for hackintosh?
Thank you

could you please share your USB configuration file for hackintosh?

I believe you want to see (?) this SSDT-UIAC.aml file. If not what are you looking for?

I see you have the same MB. So please tell me if I've copied the wrong one from other threads.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 113
Hi @lele90,
are you still on 10.15.4. or did you upgrade to 10.15.5. or 10.15.6.?
My Radeon 5700XT worked until I tried to upgrade further than 10.15.4. Afterwards my monitor went black during boot and the error "gIOScreenLockState 3" is shown.

@lele90 Another one joining the truly deserved choir of praises for you. Thank you so very much for your guide here, I would still be in a ton of trouble without it. I upgraded my mobo (to the Z390-E Gaming variant), cpu (to 9700K) and gpu (to Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT) and no matter what I tried the other guides just didn't help. Using your EFI with changes to SMBIOS etc it just worked immediately. So far no problems.

I'm on 10.15.6.

Have you ported this build to OpenCore? If so can you post your USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext?

What USB ports have you identified for this build? i.e. I'm looking for your 15 HSxx and SSxx port list.

OK, I'll write here all the results (don't want to make a new topic)

Working:
Sleep, Restart (without bios safe mode), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

Not tested (cause I don't use them):
- Audio (use Aune X1 as everyday DAC through spdif and external audio interface for guitars and mics)
- Ethernet - use only Wi-Fi

I use ProperTree to edit config.plist
You need to insert your own MLB/SN/UUID or generate new with GenSMBIOS-master
Put them in config.plist - Root - PlatformInfo - MLB/SystemSerialNumber/SystemUUID

What I have tested over the past three days:
  • Migration from Clover to OC in Catalina 10.15.7
  • New installation of BigSur (no need to switch to iGPU)
  • And the main (cause I'm too lasy to to set everything up again) - native update from Catalina to Big Sur
If some problems during start (99% related to incorrect USB MAP) - replace USBPorts.kext in "Kexts" folder with USBInjectAll.kext from "Temp", and enable XhciPortLimit (true) in config.plist

Switched to stable release, logs and debug are switched off

OC version - 0.7.1

My Harware:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
Intel Core i9 - 9900K OEM
32Gb DDR4 3466MHz Kingston HyperX Fury (HX434C16FB3K2/32) (2x16Gb KIT)
500Gb SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series (MZ-V7S500BW)
Radeon RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+ SE PCI-E 8192Mb (11293-05-40G)
750W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX case

AboutMyMac.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 88
  • GenSMBIOS-master.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 65
  • ProperTree-master.zip
    476.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
hi to everyone,
my hackintosh worked good till today. At boot it stacks on apple logo. No progression bar showed. After many minutes still stack on apple logo. What could be happened ? Tnx (it's a dual boot PC with M.2 Windows and SSD for OsX)

Last edited:
hi to everyone,
my hackintosh worked good till today. At boot it stacks on apple logo. No progression bar showed. After many minutes still stack on apple logo. What could be happened ? Tnx (it's a dual boot PC with M.2 Windows and SSD for OsX)
Maybe there was an auto update which installed a new OS version which is not compatible with your bootloader anymore? Can you share some more information like which version of macOS and which bootloader do you use?

Every bootloader comes with an option to enable a verbose mode during the boot process. Maybe you can see some warnings or error messages or at least the operation it stucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back