Register

System updates not showing up

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z490-P
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630 | RX 580
I'm at Sonoma 14.2.1. I would expect the 14.3 update to show up, but it doesn't. Even If I run the softwareupdate -l command I'm not receiving any updates. I'm just getting the "No new software available." message.
  • SIP is enabled. csr-active-config is set to <data>AAAAAA==</data> (it's 00000000 in hex). Disabling SIP does not help.
    Code:
    csrutil status
    System Integrity Protection status: enabled.
  • SecureBootModel is set to j185, which seems to be the correct value for my iMac20,1, but I also tried the Default value.

I have a weird feeling the issue might be related to another problem I described in detail in another thread - whenever I check for updates (no matter if I do that via GUI or command line: softwareupdate -l), my USB keyboard stops working.

Here's my EFI and the config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    37 KB · Views: 4
  • EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 7
Use RestrictEvents.kext along with revpatch=sbvmm boot argument. See if that helps.

Thanks, I'll check it out when the next patch is released and post an update here. Unfortunately, I already installed the update manually in the meantime, by downloading it from the App Store, so I can't confirm if it works.

Back