Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero X Z370
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi All. I thought I'd better start this thread early, as I'm out-of-my-depth. However, I'm determined to get this working.

So far I have only tried using the Mojave Multibeast to install Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatever Green, restarted and crossed my fingers - alas, no HDMI option under Sound Output.

My signal is going to a Denon AVR-X1700H. Everything working with a different (Windows) machine.

My existing stereo audio output on my hackintosh is via an external soundcard/interface (Scarlett 2i2). I'm not sure whether I ever configured audio to run natively via my motherboard 3mm jack, do I need to do anything here first before the HDMI fixup? (this thought has just occurred at time of writing and I have not tested it)

In the HDMI audio guide there is a step which I have not yet followed (copy pasted below), because I don't quite understand it fully (do I follow the Nvidia part or the Intel part? What even is the step to follow under the Nvidia part?) and I'm scared of bricking my machine (I've made a backup but still, hassle). Is this step significant in actually enabling the appearance of HDMI output as an option, or do I have some sort of other problem I need to sort out first before committing to playing with Clover? Thanks in advance!

See A. ... WhateverGreen/3. Framebuffer/connector patches,...

Framebuffer/connector patches

Hi All. I thought I'd better start this thread early, as I'm out-of-my-depth. However, I'm determined to get this working.

So far I have only tried using the Mojave Multibeast to install Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatever Green, restarted and crossed my fingers - alas, no HDMI option under Sound Output.

My signal is going to a Denon AVR-X1700H. Everything working with a different (Windows) machine.

My existing stereo audio output on my hackintosh is via an external soundcard/interface (Scarlett 2i2). I'm not sure whether I ever configured audio to run natively via my motherboard 3mm jack, do I need to do anything here first before the HDMI fixup? (this thought has just occurred at time of writing and I have not tested it)

In the HDMI audio guide there is a step which I have not yet followed (copy pasted below), because I don't quite understand it fully (do I follow the Nvidia part or the Intel part? What even is the step to follow under the Nvidia part?) and I'm scared of bricking my machine (I've made a backup but still, hassle). Is this step significant in actually enabling the appearance of HDMI output as an option, or do I have some sort of other problem I need to sort out first before committing to playing with Clover? Thanks in advance!

See A. ... WhateverGreen/3. Framebuffer/connector patches,...

Framebuffer/connector patches
may help:

may help:
Perfect, thank you! I shall peruse. Although I don't like what I've read in the opening paragraph, a vanilla install? :eek: This could be a long road...

Perfect, thank you! I shall peruse. Although I don't like what I've read in the openeing paragraph, a vanilla install? :eek: This could be a long road...
no real need to re install....

how did you install macOS in the first place?

no real need to re install....

how did you install macOS in the first place?
I followed the purchasing and installation guides on here! I have to admit it was a trial and error type affair, I had to re-read significant portions of the guides before all the little details started to jump out and make sense to me. But got there in the end. I also managed to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra by the skin of my teeth last year with comparitive ease, I was expecting major hurdles but got it all done in 1 or 2 evenings. But I do need every idiot guide available!

I followed the purchasing and installation guides on here! I have to admit it was a trial and error type affair, I had to re-read significant portions of the guides before all the little details started to jump out and make sense to me. But got there in the end. I also managed to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra by the skin of my teeth last year with comparitive ease, I was expecting major hurdles but got it all done in 1 or 2 evenings. But I do need every idiot guide available!
if you need more help, then uploading your zipped EFI would help, someone can take a look and offer some advice :)

if you need more help, then uploading your zipped EFI would help, someone can take a look and offer some advice :)
Thanks, I will take you up on your offer and have attached it!
I tried to drop in the AppleALC + Lilu kexts as per the guidance in your previous link, and I got as far as opening Hackintool under 'Method 2', but it seems at that point you need the appropriate codec/HDS device to show up under the Audio section, but all I could see was details relating to my Scarlet interface (external stereo soundcard, basically). I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks, I will take you up on your offer and have attached it!
I tried to drop in the AppleALC + Lilu kexts as per the guidance in your previous link, and I got as far as opening Hackintool under 'Method 2', but it seems at that point you need the appropriate codec/HDS device to show up under the Audio section, but all I could see was details relating to my Scarlet interface (external stereo soundcard, basically). I feel like I'm missing something obvious...
Intel should be set to false:

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

whatevergreen.kext may help

depending on your audio codec:

you can try the boot argument:
alcid=*
(replace * with your layout id)

Intel should be set to false:

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

whatevergreen.kext may help

depending on your audio codec:

you can try the boot argument:
alcid=*
(replace * with your layout id)

I have set intel to false and put the whatevergreen.kext in the 'other' folder. No difference.

I don't know how to identify the audio codec I use though. How do I do that? Is it specific to the graphics card?

I also don't know either how to set the boot argument. Is it just a matter of copying the text into the config file like so?:-

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<string>alcid=*</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Sierra</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>

I have set intel to false and put the whatevergreen.kext in the 'other' folder. No difference.

I don't know how to identify the audio codec I use though. How do I do that? Is it specific to the graphics card?

I also don't know either how to set the boot argument. Is it just a matter of copying the text into the config file like so?:-

<string>alcid=*</string>
it will look like:

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 alcid=1</string>

your motherboard will tell you what audio codec you have in the form of ALC****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back