Contribute
Register

Updating directly to High Sierra - please clarify

Thanks & confirmed: Appstore works. New challenge: Multibeast 10.4 install "failed". Reading the log, all is ok, until the bottom, where Fakesmc.kext could not be installed due to a "distrusted certificate". Says:

"Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.
'. Exiting."

Now I COULD pull the kext out of the installer, and insert it into the library folder by hand.

But would this be enough? Meaning: Is all the rest above then "sufficiently updated"? Or did Multibeast cancel this maybe?

My current Fakesmc kext in Library folder is from 2015 - so it is definitely not yet updated. But That is a MUST I suppose?

(By the way: On my working EFI volume I find no fakesmc.kext to be present anywhere... working anyway.)

Thanks & confirmed: Appstore works. New challenge: Multibeast 10.4 install "failed". Reading the log, all is ok, until the bottom, where Fakesmc.kext could not be installed due to a "distrusted certificate". Says:

"Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.
'. Exiting."

Now I COULD pull the kext out of the installer, and insert it into the library folder by hand.

But would this be enough? Meaning: Is all the rest above then "sufficiently updated"? Or did Multibeast cancel this maybe?

My current Fakesmc kext in Library folder is from 2015 - so it is definitely not yet updated. But That is a MUST I suppose?

(By the way: On my working EFI volume I find no fakesmc.kext to be present anywhere... working anyway.)
there is no multibeast for Ventura.....

mount your EFI and copy over working EFI folder inside it

Sorry my mistake.... I´m now trying to Update to High Sierra. Because of APFS changes and so forth...

So I am updating from El Capitan to High Sierra. And from there will go forward. Sorry for the confusion.

So I am updating from El Capitan to High Sierra. And from there will go forward. Sorry for the confusion.
I have moved your thread to High Sierra Forum, and changed the Thread title :)

Back