Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
What looks impossible?

I like the idea of having it go with when the LED is on it is on. Other then that how about using like the button besides wifi for it?

Actually that may be even better.

Impossible is to make it controlled via software. Like the real Macbook's. It is controlled via the fn+ f4, f5 dimmed, I think, and is available only at low light conditions which is means it has a light sensor.

I was thinking too of using the button besides the wifi but it will need an extra circuit to "convert" this button to a switch. It needs a chip that it will toggle on and off on each button press.

Isn't there a port on the motherboard that isn't used that we can use for power? Like a mini PCI e or something?

Also, we don't have transparent keys either.

blueking said:
Isn't there a port on the motherboard that isn't used that we can use for power? Like a mini PCI e or something?

Cant we relatively easily access the usb board from the inside? And theres enough give around the keys for the light leak to be sufficient. Edge lit keys will work fine.

You won't be able to see the letters.

And wouldn't that mean we couldn't use that USB port?

I wouldn't want to give that up.

blueking said:

There is, the main power connector that gives power to the logic board. We can get power from there. This is the easy part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back