Contribute
Register

AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the chances of someone getting WhateverRed working with the new 7000 series, they all contain Vega graphics with RDNA2.
I'm not really sure about that, as WhateverRed is still being worked on. I think it will be some time before they will have the kext ready (and working). You should have better chances just with an AMD dGPU.

I'm not really sure about that, as WhateverRed is still being worked on. I think it will be some time before they will have the kext ready (and working). You should have better chances just with an AMD dGPU.
Did you see that Master folder I linked to on your other thread?.

Cheeky!, they removed the download!. Booo!.

Did you see that Master folder I linked to on your other thread?.
Yes I did. But it's not much use at the moment without a finished build.

Yes I did. But it's not much use at the moment without a finished build.
Can't you generate the build using Xcode!, I thought that's how Master Folders worked. Or am I being stupid?.

Can't you generate the build using Xcode!, I thought that's how Master Folders worked. Or am I being stupid?.
Well the last I saw their original master file on Github it didn’t work for me when I tried to build with Xcode. I suspected there were missing elements from the build.

Anyways I will have a look into it and let you know if I find anything.

Oh!, so you didn't download this one from the link I posted about earlier.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 10.27.33 PM.png

Oh!, so you didn't download this one from the link I posted about earlier.

View attachment 555518
Well no their Github master build wasn't this one afaik, but I believe I did (download it, the newer one).
I will check on it and let you know later.

So I've found out that apparently the Ryzen 7000 series has a glitching issue with Windows 11 with games.
This reviewer testing the 7950X strongly recommends NOT to update the Windows 11 to the latest KB5017383 update as it will 'severely affect' their overall experience of using the system. >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back