Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

You mentioned the existing template was done in 2013. When are you posting the new guide/template?
Still applies. Look at Golden Builds description. Keeping the format and the content the same has made it easier for people to use the build descriptions.

Hi guys! I just finished my new build for one nice man. He can't walk, but he can write a music using Thunderbolt 2 Apollo audio card. My build base on Z690 Hero EVA-01. (In my country the cost is same as Z690 ProArt, but the ProArt not in stock, and z790 ProArt much too expensive). But this MoBo has TB4 chip and location as in Z690 ProArt. Smooth Installation, Monterey last update, SSD SN770 2TB. All perfect. And what perfect, too: All USB ports working using quirk in Kernel section. I don't know, maybe it is an old information, but : find 4183E50F41D3E54409EB and replace to 4183E53F41D3E54409EB make all port working on Monterey and later OS. I am happy now. No need to choose what port will 2.0 and 3.0, and what port will Not.

Hi guys! I just finished my new build for one nice man. He can't walk, but he can write a music using Thunderbolt 2 Apollo audio card. My build base on Z690 Hero EVA-01. (In my country the cost is same as Z690 ProArt, but the ProArt not in stock, and z790 ProArt much too expensive). But this MoBo has TB4 chip and location as in Z690 ProArt. Smooth Installation, Monterey last update, SSD SN770 2TB. All perfect. And what perfect, too: All USB ports working using quirk in Kernel section. I don't know, maybe it is an old information, but : find 4183E50F41D3E54409EB and replace to 4183E53F41D3E54409EB make all port working on Monterey and later OS. I am happy now. No need to choose what port will 2.0 and 3.0, and what port will Not.

What is find 4183E50F41D3E54409EB and replace to 4183E53F41D3E54409EB?

I have some good news to share regarding a solution to the boot issues later BIOS versions for Asus Z690/Z790 motherboards. The solution is to enable slide=0 boot argument. I confirmed this myself today with the latest BIOS version 3302 on my Pro WS W680-ACE motherboard. NOTE: Make sure you use the BIOSrenamer.exe utility or find out the EXACT name it changes the .CAP file for your board or you could face an issue with the BIOS Flashing utility.

Further note: I am using the Asus Thunderbolt 4 add in card. If I disable io-mmu and have the discreet Thunderbolt device support enabled, it will not boot OS X without slide=0. It will not also boot with io-mmu enabled and discreet Thunderbolt device support disabled. Conclusion here is there is a bug with io-mmu status and discreet Thunderbolt support. Regardless easy to solution to have both enabled is slide=0 boot argument.

Let us know if you got the TB2 Apollo interface working on the build please

Has anyone tested Tthunderbolt 2 or 3 devices with the latest BIOS revisions with the ProArt Z690?

Let us know if you got the TB2 Apollo interface working on the build please
I confirmed this in the post you quoted. Apollo with TB2 interface works on this build with BIOS 2103.

Back