Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 3750 / i7 2670QM C-States

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing the attached AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E with the latest kext utility sound doesn´t work on my 3750.

But I think there is a problem with this VoodooHDA version (I use another VoodooHDA.kext on my desktop without any problems). When I reinstalled it I first got some error messages that remind me of boot crash messages, something like "apple iokit not loaded". So perhaps AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA might be an improvement on the 3750.

ahh yeah i think i needed a specific pin config entered in the dsdt for the AppleHDA to work. But for some reason this doesn't work for the newest version of chameleon anymore and it'll just hang on boot while loading this AppleHDA so for now i just changed it to VoodooHDA. i think it needed a tad of configuration as well for the devices to behave correctly. like this it'll come up with 2 different output devices. one seems to be the main speakers and the other seems to be some kind of subwoofer thing they got going on there.

pilsator could you please elaborate on what you mean by crippled bios? on another note could you please post your DSDT. maybe there's a thing or two i could use to tweak mine further.

i'ma post my current DSDT and my configured VoodooHDA. you could lookup the exact HDEF entry and modify your dsdt accordingly to get the AppleHDA to work.

the DSDT actually deactivates the NvidiaGPU on startup, thus saving a great deal of batterylife.

regards,
below

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    40.9 KB · Views: 268
  • VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 149
After patching my dsdt by adding the HDEF entry AppleHDA now works fine - I don't use the latest chameleon - and it's a big improvement. Before I got kernel panics on every second boot, now I just press the power button and the vostro goes to work. Just wake after sleep doesn't work yet.
I'm not sure that there is something wrong with the BIOS. But would you need the speedstepper patch with a normal BIOS? I'm not an expert, so I just ask - my theory was caused by frustration. Also, when I added a gma3000 patch to maldon's vostro 3550 dsdt I had to delete some lines in the code or compiling would fail (someone helped mehr out with that). Is that normal code behaviour?
My dsdt is made for a 3750 without graphic card. I'll post it within the next days. I use a tablet pc now and don't have the dsdt here.
Thanks again for the AppleHDA.

Edit: attached my dsdt.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 137
459below, thanks a lot!
Updated my system to 10.7.3, then tried your latest DSDT and VoodooHDA, hangs (kINSTDONE errors in console) on viewing long drop-down lists have gone :thumbup: .
Reproduced hang in Chrome now, on start.

pilsator said:
Just wake after sleep doesn't work yet.
I'm not sure that there is something wrong with the BIOS. But would you need the speedstepper patch with a normal BIOS?

Waking up isn't working for me either. This is AFAIK one of the hardest things to accomplish in general. The little Optimushack even disables the ability to hot reboot the notebook. And this powering of one device. I really don't want to get into powering off ALL of them and then powering them back on.
And the speedstepper patch is needed for the vanilla IntelCPU kexts on a normal BIOS. I could imagine one could skip that if the BIOS was patched, but i'm fairly certain one has to patch at least one.

As for the graphics:
I'm still running 10.7.1 and at some point it suddenly stopped hanging almost completely. It still does using certain features during fullscreen but it's almost entirely gone. Right before i was using the VGA and HDMI connectors while in windows, maybe that's worth a shot..

regards,
below

459below, I'm trying to disable GPU on a laptop and use only HD3000. As per instruction "Method OFF" must be copied from SSDT to DSDT. But i get a bunch of errors when i do that.

Can you boot up the laptop without disabling GPU?

Toshiba P770
HM65 chipset
HD3000
Nvidia Optimus GT520M

Attachments

• Toshiba P770.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back