Contribute
Register

Ethernet Breaks on shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your EFI Folder and Screenshot of DCPIManager under PCI list.

Pathos and I fairly similar builds aside from graphics cards and we have identical issues.

Enclosed are my IOReg Pre and Post Restart. After restart all is well, but on initial start up we have no recognized internet hardware.

I'll let Pathos supply the other information you requested (I'm currently at work).

Attachments

• Post-Restart.tiff
    265.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Pre-Restart.tiff
    311.7 KB · Views: 48
Pathos and I fairly similar builds aside from graphics cards and we have identical issues.

Enclosed are my IOReg Pre and Post Restart. After restart all is well, but on initial start up we have no recognized internet hardware.

I'll let Pathos supply the other information you requested (I'm currently at work).

Check your system.log.

Post your EFI Folder and Screenshot of DCPIManager under PCI list.

I did a fresh in stall and used Chimera instead of clover this time around, so no EFI folder.

Here is the PCI List Screenshot:
DPCIManager PCI List Screenshot.jpg

Also I inserted markers into the console prior to restart, and shutdown/startup, and copied those messages to separate files which I have attached in a .zip file for you.

I noticed some differences on shutdown like

Code:
12/8/15 9:44:06.527 PM warmd[51]: [_bootcachectl_playlist_for_file:3202] Unable to generate playlist for file: 2 No such file or directory

and also that the restart processes seem to be loading in a different order than the startup ones. Thanks for your help. :clap:

Attachments

• Log Files.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 42
Don't mean to be annoying, but has anyone looked at these log files? This is driving me absolutely insane. I've been up every night til 3am for 2 weeks trying to figure out one stupid issue with the ethernet.

I've been patching my DSDT with no luck, although Im not sure exactly what I am doing.

Everyone has these huge issues on this site with booting, kernel panics, crashing, video cards, sata ports... and Im over here with everything working except my ethernet.... but not if i RESTART...:crazy: how does this make any sense:banghead:

Please help... somebody

Well I have officially thrown in the towel.

I am fairly certain the issue lies within the ME.

I logged into my Windows 7 drive and found that we have an ME of 6.0.X, which is interesting being as though the official EVGA website recommends the 6.1 ME for our board, but it's not compatible with P55, but rather H55 EVGA boards (I still tried installing it but my computer was smart enough to stop me).

I tried the FWUpdLcl command with an updated and edited 6.0.X ME, but after hours of trying different things I couldn't get it to work.

I read somewhere that on top of not having a "secret" bios like similar Gigabyte boards, The ME can't be updated.

After banging my head against the wall a few times, I caved and spent $20 on a natively supported Rosewill RC-401-EX PCIe Network card.

Although I was interested in solving this brain teaser, I've thrown in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back