Contribute
Register

Finished! G5, Twin 120mm fans at the rear and hot swap caddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judah said:
Oh my goodness - I JUST read through this whole thing. That custom backpanel is freakin' incredible! Do you own/work with the machines, or did you go somewhere local? I added your mod to the Ultimate G5 Resource Thread for sheer awesomeness and ingenuity!

Thanks Judah!

I did the design myself and then had it cut locally. I am though starting up a lasering business in the new year and a whole website devoted to the stuff! It won't be metal lasering that I'll be doing though - more acrylic work - but once I have things hooked up I want to get a good relationship going with a local shop and get metal cut too.

Watch this space for that as I have loads of ideas......

Absolutely amazing I wish I was that kind of handy lol

Tjb5099 said:
Absolutely amazing I wish I was that kind of handy lol

To be honest, mostly it is just taking your time. It helps if you are not needing the finished result to be ready for a particular deadline.

My best results seem to happen after a good nights sleep - that's when I get my ideas.

Most of the stuff you can find on this forum could be achieved by anyone who takes a careful approach. I make LOADS of mistakes along the way.

Dude... This is FANTASTIC! You've got some talent!

:clap:

:eek: This is an AMAZING case mod! Honestly, I would pay you to make this case for me, lol. I love how clean you made the inside look. It's not like some other G5 mods I've seen that look half-finished. This is the first G5 mod I've seen that looks as clean inside as it does on the outside! Bravo!

You should look into selling a few of those ;)

And finally....

As the original air deflector doesn't fit, I made this one up today - complete with a handy cut-out to access my HDDs through.

275.JPG

277.JPG

276.JPG

Attachments

• 275.JPG
    275.JPG
    930.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 277.JPG
    277.JPG
    926.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 276.JPG
    276.JPG
    924.1 KB · Views: 279
Hello Minihack, love what you have done with the back panel, one thing I cant understand though is how you managed to fit 2 120mm fans? I can barely fit one :S my design says that it is impossible next to the ATX I/O I must have missed something, do you have any advice? I am also in the UK and want to get my back panel cut like you did, looking around here locally (Bournemouth) for a good place to go. What paint did you use to match the colours on the back? any other advice for getting stud here in the uk?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thin

Blue lightning isnt apple-like, i think this mod is great but the blue light is gay..

schubbe226 said:
Blue lightning isnt apple-like, i think this mod is great but the blue light is gay..

:D :lol: :thumbup: :wave:

thin_soldier said:
Hello Minihack, love what you have done with the back panel, one thing I cant understand though is how you managed to fit 2 120mm fans? I can barely fit one :S my design says that it is impossible next to the ATX I/O I must have missed something, do you have any advice? I am also in the UK and want to get my back panel cut like you did, looking around here locally (Bournemouth) for a good place to go. What paint did you use to match the colours on the back? any other advice for getting stud here in the uk?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thin

Okay....it's not the easiest fit. The 120 frames need to be hard up against the G5 case, the other side of the frame then needs to be just on the edge of the I/O bracket and the stand offs (if I remember rightly) are about 6mm [edit: look at post at bottom of first page of this thread - 1cm standoffs onto my mobo tray plate] and are fixed onto a flat motherboard tray that is JB'd to the G5.

The I/O bracket I used was the Lian Li micro-ATX bracket. I still have a spare single 120mm backplate here that if you are interested in knowing more about you could PM me about. I won't be using it I reckon and you can either make a better job than me of bolting it to the back of the case (see my earlier anodised mod) or bonding it in the way I did with the later one.

And yes, I agree with Schubbe (the blue is a bit gay) ...that went a little while ago when i revised all the hotswap stuff.

p2180397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back