Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> FireWire Audio Interface MacOS 13 (Maybe work on real Intel and Silicon mac)

Guys,I am currently updating a hack for a friend to Ventura...It's a z170 mobo with skylake..Everything's working except Saffire Pro 24
I did your trick and managed to have sound but when using IOMapperDisable = false i lose almost all usb ports except 3
Tried various things but nothing..Any help
Could post the Efi folder if helps
Thank you

EDIT..done it...thought this mobo didn't have CSM but it was in a sub-menu only if you selected Win 8-10 and not Other OS
Hi! I seem to have had the same problem and I had to manually map my IOs (it seems to me that's it) And then you can disable IOMapper.

Here is the link to Dortania's very detailed guide : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/manual/manual.html

Edit : didn’t see your edit :crazy::lol:

Hello, OneDriftMan95!

Did I get you correctly that you succeeded in running Saffire PRO 24 DSP under MacOS ventura 13?

If so, that's so great news!

I'm using Saffire PRO 24, macbook pro 2020, and still sitting on MacOSX Catalina 10.15 since I thoutght Saffire 24 PRO & and their mixer panel Saffire Mix Control 3.9 would not work on later MacOS. So glad it's not true!!
Apparently it is a missing kext since MacOS Ventura
(AppleFWAudio.kext) so it is also possible to put it back!

Here is the post I found : https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/721151?answerId=742212022#742212022

Hi there,
Where can I find a copy of AppleFWAudio.kext?

@Feartech , are you talking about the one in this link?
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/721151?answerId=742212022#742212022

If so, does this AppleFWAudioVentura.pkg work for Sonoma?
Got my answer there:

AppleFWAudioVentura.pkg, for some reason (perhaps due to permissions), doesn't fully work on macOS Sonoma 14.2.

However, it successfully copied /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext into the system.

To fully install the AppleFWAudio.kext extension you must:

1. Fix file permissions: sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext/
  2. Manually load AppleFWAudio.kext: sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext
  3. Reboot

Last edited:
I followed the process::
  • Fix file permissions: sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext/
  • Manually load AppleFWAudio.kext: sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext
  • Reboot
But I still have no FireWire ports detected ...

I followed the process::
  • Fix file permissions: sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext/
  • Manually load AppleFWAudio.kext: sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext
  • Reboot
But I still have no FireWire ports detected ...
so you disabled SIP and ran the PKG file?

Exactly: disabled SIP, reboot, run the PKG file, then
  • Reboot

Back