Contribute
Register

Fresh install onto Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH Unibeast not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the graphics card and Firewire card out and that was progress. However, I ended up doing a fresh install of El Capitan. So far so good (but I haven't put the cards back in yet).

Took the graphics card and Firewire card out and that was progress. However, I ended up doing a fresh install of El Capitan. So far so good (but I haven't put the cards back in yet).

So El Capitan is running fine now? I too was looking to buy this motherboard but got hesitant after seeing the issues you guys encountered.

Great news. Would you mind sharing the exact BIOS settings and any boot options you needed to get El Capitan installed?

OK, I've just done the same going through an install using the on-board graphics with the card disconnected and now have a working install.
I've downloaded and installed the latest NVIDIA drivers but as soon as I try and boot with the card plugged into the motherboard I just get the prohibited sign. Remove the card and all is well.
More troubleshooting then.

No real progress - I have started from scratch. Even restoring my old (Yosemite) data with Time Machine resulted in a hard freeze, so all is not good. The Firewire card was not the issue. I have a Geforce GTX 970 4GB graphics card that I am really reluctant to put back into the Customac. Also, I have not tried loading the Nvidia drivers.

The good thing is that the card is redundant for my purposes - the onboard graphics are great and work fine for me (mostly Lightroom and some Photoshop editing).

Once Clover / Unibeast is updated to address the graphics card issues we face using this motherboard I wil try again.

That's a bummer man I'll have to pick a different board, I really wanted this one because of onboard thunderbolt

Try with Intel HD 4600 graphics only - no nvidia , remove this card. You check Intel Inject in clover config. J successfully install El Capitan on Gigabyte Z87X-UD7-TH. Than install nvidia web driver and start os x with Nvidia GTX.

In UniBeast 6.1.1 is a big error. Mac definition is set to MacPro 5.1. When change this def to MacPro3.1 no problem install with GT or GTX graphic card. You meet set this in clover config before You start OS X install.

Just to add that after a year of working fine, my GA-Z97X-UD7-TH failed last night and did not get farther than the bios start screen. The graphics had failed earlier (I thought that it was the driver), but now it may be the board. Ultra Durable is it not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back