Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Thunderbolt Motherboards Live - Available Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the same mb, could you tell what 'weird issues' you have? I can go to sleep but press the power button and by selecting 'go to sleep' in mountain lion, but it won't go to sleep by timer.

I can put it to sleep just fine, but when I go to wake it up, my keyboard and mouse don't work. I've tried plugging them into both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and the same thing happens. Before I overclocked it took like 90 seconds to come back, but now my mouse and keyboard functionality won't return without a hard reset.

Hi Swede,

Just got the up4 and none of the usb3 port's work! > Internal & external (They do show up in profile). Only the int. usb2 ports work. Audio & Lan are fine.
So i can't really recommend this board to be on the BG-list.

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH 3770K 16GB HD 6870

RW

Edit; Looks like i do not have full power management > unknown cpu in console log. Could be the reason that usb3 is not working. Going to extract correct ssdt to see if this fixes the issues.

Well, two of the ports are directly connected to the chipset. Did you follow the instructions on how to enable USB 3.0 and are you using the latest UEFI release?
You do not need an SSDT for these boards with an Ivy Bridge CPU, so that is not your issue.

I can put it to sleep just fine, but when I go to wake it up, my keyboard and mouse don't work. I've tried plugging them into both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and the same thing happens. Before I overclocked it took like 90 seconds to come back, but now my mouse and keyboard functionality won't return without a hard reset.

Did you install the latest version of Chimera?

I have tried front-panel audio. When using the HD Audio connector sound out (stereo) works, mic doesn't. When using the AC97 connector sound out is distorted, mic doesn't work either.

Good explanation of the different connectors here: http://superuser.com/questions/4190...or-which-to-use-when-and-whats-the-difference

Don't use AC'97, ever. The pin-out is different and you can damage the equipment you attach. AC'97 hasn't been used for years and I really wish the case makers would remove that connector.

I just installed the latest version of Chimera and it worked OOB, no hassle, no fuss.

I was expecting it to work like that. I'm doing to a clean install tonight just for fun. I'm hoping Chimera works. I'll report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back