Contribute
Register

HackinDROM App for OpenCore EFI Creation and Update

Swift is a great language to get started with. Anymore I do alot of arcade srm reversing with ida pro (and many other tools). Once the entry point is found, its just a matter of rebuilding the IAT table. super fun :) Love the apple stuff though, its what my studio is built around. Just cant beat a Mac for recording. Protools is nice, but Logic is just pretty amazing...

Is v2.1.8 still the latest ?
would like to see z790 Asus boards added.

Is v2.1.8 still the latest ?
would like to see z790 Asus boards added.
V2.1.8 is the latest. HackinDROM works in 2 modes:
  1. Upgrade any existing EFI
  2. Provide full EFI folders for very specific motherboards
If you have an EFI folder for your specific Z790 board, that EFI folder can be upgraded automatically by mounting the EFI partition and right-clicking on its row in the HackinDROM main screen.

For option 2, individual owners can submit full EFI folders for their specific boards. Those will subsequently be added to the HackinDROM library.

Thank you. Do you have a changelog for V2.1.9?

SOLVED: I forgot how to right-click. Sorry.

I'm getting ready to update from Ventura to Sonoma. I have HackinDROM 2.1.9, but it's not interested in updating my OC from 0.9.3 to 0.9.7 It says I'm "Up to date", but I'm not. What am I doing wrong? OpenCore Configurator is very unhappy about it.

Last edited:
I seem to be having problems with HackinDrom, I bricked my G5 and I'm trying to recover my EFI which I have in HackinDrom, but If 'Create EFI' and select folder, the App crashes. If I select External Drive, the App just freezes.

I seem to be having problems with HackinDrom, I bricked my G5 and I'm trying to recover my EFI which I have in HackinDrom, but If 'Create EFI' and select folder, the App crashes. If I select External Drive, the App just freezes.
Does this mean:
  • You uploaded an EFI folder for your motherboard to HackinDROM so others can download and use it?
  • You would like to download that same folder now in order to recover or reinstall your system?
  • If so, which motherboard? I can download the folder and post it here

Back