Contribute
Register

How to install this card on my Z390 Designare MoBo?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I bought a PCI-E card which should enable the remote start-up of my PC. Now that I have it, I'm not sure how to install it honestly. Can someone help me out installing this? I'm unsure where I should connect the 'Power SW' cable to on my Z390 Designare? @CaseySJ perhaps knows?

I bought this one (click here).

IMG_4614.JPG

Where the port is located on the MoBo. Where should I attach that connector to on the MoBo?

full
bit confused on what the actual issue you are having here

have you actually watched that video?

RTFM

RTFM.png

The case power on/off button will already be connected in this position.
You will have to use one or the other or purchase/manufacture a splitter to share the connection.

Hi all,

I bought a PCI-E card which should enable the remote start-up of my PC. Now that I have it, I'm not sure how to install it honestly. Can someone help me out installing this? I'm unsure where I should connect the 'Power SW' cable to on my Z390 Designare? @CaseySJ perhaps knows?

I bought this one (click here).
My guess is that a pass-through function exists, which is why there are 4 pins.
  • Power switch on the computer case connects to the top 2 pins
  • Bottom two pins connect to the front panel header on motherboard
This would allow you to power on and off both (a) via power button and (b) via WiFi.

IMG_4614.JPG

RTFM

View attachment 567235

The case power on/off button will already be connected in this position.
You will have to use one or the other or purchase/manufacture a splitter to share the connection.

I did read the manual, but I was confused of the the full header. I thought that it should be an available header or something (I'm a total noob here, my apologies).

My guess is that a pass-through function exists, which is why there are 4 pins.
  • Power switch on the computer case connects to the top 2 pins
  • Bottom two pins connect to the front panel header on motherboard
This would allow you to power on and off both (a) via power button and (b) via WiFi.

View attachment 567236

Now I understand, I think. Problem now is, is that I should then buy an extention cord to this card, because the cable coming from the front panel (now connected to the mobo) is currently not long enough to reach the card.

Do you know what the cable is called, so I can order one somewhere?

Will this do the trick?

I did read the manual, but I was confused of the the full header. I thought that it should be an available header or something (I'm a total noob here, my apologies).

Now I understand, I think. Problem now is, is that I should then buy an extention cord to this card, because the cable coming from the front panel (now connected to the mobo) is currently not long enough to reach the card.

Do you know what the cable is called, so I can order one somewhere?

Will this do the trick?

Yes that cable looks correct. But it would be best to check/confirm what those top 2 pins are for.

Back