Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 8770w Clover Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the guide, using 6x70-8x70 with AMD config.plist, then tell me where you get stuck.

nguyenmac: You're not gonna belive this.... i ran the probook installer again with below choices, and it boots just fine and real quick doesn't hang on anything in verbose boot.
Everything is working except for Wi-Fi ofcourse, gonna get a wifi-stick from the store later today.
It doenst know which ram slots are occupied though, but it does say it has 8GB of RAM, which is correct.
Also the "joystick" mouse pointer in the middle of the keyboard aint working, but the mousepad is working great.
And it keeps asking for a bluetooth keyboard on startup although the built-in one is working flawlessly.

--------------------------------------------------------------
OS X Support kexts
- Business Model
- 6x70b/8x70p AMD

Config and DSDT patcher
- HP Laptop
- Business Model
- 6x70b/8x70p AMD
Misc OS X files
- EliteBook Logos
- Broadcom Bluetooth
- Color Profiles
Extra Tools
- Old Kexts Remover

Should i upload any files or make a step by step tutorial on what i did ?

nguyenmac: You're not gonna belive this.... i ran the probook installer again with below choices, and it boots just fine and real quick doesn't hang on anything in verbose boot.
Everything is working except for Wi-Fi ofcourse, gonna get a wifi-stick from the store later today.
It doenst know which ram slots are occupied though, but it does say it has 8GB of RAM, which is correct.
Also the "joystick" mouse pointer in the middle of the keyboard aint working, but the mousepad is working great.
And it keeps asking for a bluetooth keyboard on startup although the built-in one is working flawlessly.

OS X Support kexts
- Business Model
- 6x70b/8x70p AMD

Config and DSDT patcher
- HP Laptop
- Business Model
- 6x70b/8x70p AMD
Misc OS X files
- EliteBook Logos
- Broadcom Bluetooth
- Color Profiles
Extra Tools
- Old Kexts Remover

Should i upload any files or make a step by step tutorial on what i did ?

Congratulation!

So I only need to change "6x70b/8x70p AMD" "8x70w nVidia" right?

The bluetooth window can be turned off in System Preferences.

Can you do me this favor:

- In Clover bootscreen, go to Options > Graphics > There is a check "Inject nVidia" (not inject EDID). Is it checked or not?
- Try check/uncheck it, and boot to OS X normally. Can you boot now?
- If you can boot, go to About this mac, do you see any difference?

Congratulation!

So I only need to change "6x70b/8x70p AMD" "8x70w nVidia" right?

The bluetooth window can be turned off in System Preferences.

Can you do me this favor:

- In Clover bootscreen, go to Options > Graphics > There is a check "Inject nVidia" (not inject EDID). Is it checked or not?
- Try check/uncheck it, and boot to OS X normally. Can you boot now?
- If you can boot, go to About this mac, do you see any difference?

Inject nvidia is not checked. in clover bootscreen
when i check inject nvidia in bootscreen, it does boot, it still shows up in my mac, but without any memory, it says 0MB "HP Quadro K3000M 0 MB"

when i check my config.plist in clover configurator, inject ati is checked.

Inject nvidia is not checked. in clover bootscreen
when i check inject nvidia in bootscreen, it does boot, it still shows up in my mac, but without any memory, it says 0MB "HP Quadro K3000M 0 MB"

So Inject nVidia is not important, your card just works oob.

You can set the MB size by CC, when "Inject nVidia" is enabled

What does it show without "Inject nVidia"? Do you notice any different between with/without Inject?

So Inject nVidia is not important, your card just works oob.

You can set the MB size by CC, when "Inject nVidia" is enabled

What does it show without "Inject nVidia"? Do you notice any different between with/without Inject?

When "inject nvidia" is unchecked, it also shows the amount of memory! For the card, which in this case is 2048 MB

So the only stuff left to fix, is ram, where it doesn't know if a slot has ram installed, it does rekognoserar the 8gb ram tjat is installera. OS X did recognize this before I went with the new config.

When "inject nvidia" is unchecked, it also shows the amount of memory! For the card, which in this case is 2048 MB

So the only stuff left to fix, is ram, where it doesn't know if a slot has ram installed, it does rekognoserar the 8gb ram tjat is installera. OS X did recognize this before I went with the new config.

What are new config and old config?

You can inject RAM by editing SMBIOS using CC.

You should probably turn that off. It is probably doing no harm (the nvidia drivers will not look at the ATI properties injected), but best to not have an option for ATI when you have nvidia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back