Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 8770w Clover Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old one was "2x70p/6x70b/8x70p" under both "os x support kexts" and "Config and dsdt patcher"

rehabman: Will try turning "inject ati" off as soon as i get back home.

You mean you get RAM with "2x70p/6x70b/8x70p" but not with "8x70 with AMD" right?

So open config.plist by CC > ACPI > remove MCFG in Drop table

Rehabman: turned inject ati off, hackintosh still works like a charm, also my graphics card is now recognized as Nvidia quadro and so on, instead of HP quadro.

nguyenmac: The mac still recognizes 8GB RAM correctly, but says both ram slots are empty... its just cosmetics so i don't really care.

Anyway do you know if there is a way to get my dockingstation at work, working with mac os x? like extra screen connectors and so on?
i got 3 external screens at work and none of them work in os x, on the docking station i have 3 different outputs: VGA, DVI and DisplayPort. They all work simultaneously under windows.
Any ideas?

Rehabman: turned inject ati off, hackintosh still works like a charm, also my graphics card is now recognized as Nvidia quadro and so on, instead of HP quadro.

nguyenmac: The mac still recognizes 8GB RAM correctly, but says both ram slots are empty... its just cosmetics so i don't really care.

Anyway do you know if there is a way to get my dockingstation at work, working with mac os x? like extra screen connectors and so on?
i got 3 external screens at work and none of them work in os x, on the docking station i have 3 different outputs: VGA, DVI and DisplayPort. They all work simultaneously under windows.
Any ideas?

Do built-in ports work?

You should try with/without Inject nVidia too.

I got 2 external screens working connected through the docking station, display port and dvi.
the VGA one wont start.
BUT
the internal screen does work aswell as a third screen, even if i close the lid, the third external screen won't start and the internal one stays active...

You should try with/without Inject nVidia too.

I think it was already tried and discovered that the nvidia chip involved here is supported natively (eg. Inject/nVidia=false is the correct setting).

yes it works natively, i have 2 external screens working and the built-in one, at the same time.
under windows i can run 3 external screens and the built-in one, at the same time.

Do VGA and DIsplay port on laptop (not dock) work?

yes it works natively, i have 2 external screens working and the built-in one, at the same time.
under windows i can run 3 external screens and the built-in one, at the same time.

Hello ! I have the same laptop and video card, how in the world did you boot with clover ? I have to use nv_disable=1 I followed your steps but it hangs at waiting for :GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

I can't figure this out, did you use the nvidia web driver ? Ive been at this off and on for months.

Hello ! I have the same laptop and video card, how in the world did you boot with clover ? I have to use nv_disable=1 I followed your steps but it hangs at waiting for :GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

I can't figure this out, did you use the nvidia web driver ? Ive been at this off and on for months.

Remove FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext.

It may not help, but it is worth a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back