Contribute
Register

I'm done with Apple, I'm printing my own cube pro.

I do like the yellow grille, wonder why Apple never thought of this!. The piece at the bottom was for the GPU, I planned on replacing the shell with my own but sadly the support was stronger than the fins and it broke, definitely worth revisiting though.

YellowGrille.jpg

GPU cover.jpg

Started modding the GPU yesterday, I removed the shell and 3D printed a new GPU fan attachment that I can build on.

323FBC5D-0F26-4CEF-BFB0-AB558630AF12.jpeg

wow this Canadian wildfire smoke is really messing with the light!, had to use filters to match what my eyes are seeing. Anyhoo, the Egyptian Blue works well with the yellow and will be used for the internal structure.

contrast.jpg

Took 2 attempts, not because the printer was at fault but my clumsiness!. Reprinted the SSD caddy in the Egyptian blue, split horizontally to the corner standoffs to allow cable management.

5009BF3F-53F3-4867-8CEB-55719F4196EE.jpeg
96F7D380-2B20-4EDA-A0BD-E4D9CB0FD6BE.jpeg

GPU caddy/shell progressing well, this test print aligned nicely and the full print is another 5 hours from the finish line. I'm borrowing an idea from this post, (link below), the ForFun02 case I posted about. The GPU shell/caddy will fill the GPU IO and align flush with the rear of the cube.

GPU caddy.jpg
GPUshell.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 11.00.46 AM (2).png

Yay!, I didn't break my GPU, I'll tidy this up and print it one more time.
GPUcaddy.jpg
GPUback.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 2.40.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Pro GPUcaddy.stl.zip
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
Do I need a graphics card?. My new NRed build is asking, and I really like the thought of mounting the motherboard sideways with the IO pointing out the bottom, so it's still cube ish!. Nice demonstration of using TinkerCAD in Sonoma with Radeon Graphics, really surprising.

Back