Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
p98 said:
I did use IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.... to save the IOReg. Please just remove ".txt" from the attached file because I failed to upload it with extension "ioreg". I have compressed it and re-uploaded again. The audio codec is 889. Thanks a lot.

Your dsdt is missing connector-type. See Step 1 a. Additional DSDT edits on Post 1 of this thread. Make the edits, compile, install the edited dsdt and reboot.

After repeating the steps with Enabler=YES and NO as well as different versions of AppleHD several times, it finally works! HDMI finally appears in sound pref.

Many thanks, Toleda

Where do i paste code from 1a graphics yes? Having trouble compiling.

Attachments

• GFX0.tiff
    272.2 KB · Views: 170
@ toleda

Got it thanks.

Attachments

• GFX0.tiff
    273.8 KB · Views: 164
@ toledo

Ok so I'm on 1. b and i've installed AppleHDA for realtek 889 in S/L/E. I'm not sure exactly what to do but my HDMI Audio Device_id is 09 0e 00 00. The only place i was able to find an AppleHDAController is inside the AppleHDA.kext and it is a kext also. Once inside AppleHDAController.kext I go to Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController right. What do i replace my id with? If I'm on the right track please let me know. Thanks

oheavens2betsy said:
@ toledo

Ok so I'm on 1. b and i've installed AppleHDA for realtek 889 in S/L/E. I'm not sure exactly what to do but my HDMI Audio Device_id is 09 0e 00 00. The only place i was able to find an AppleHDAController is inside the AppleHDA.kext and it is a kext also. Once inside AppleHDAController.kext I go to Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController right. What do i replace my id with? If I'm on the right track please let me know. Thanks
You are on the right track. Open the AppleHDAController binary in a hex editor. Do the find and replace as described in the guide. Attached the kext editing guide for Snow Leopard which provides more detail. There is a sections on the structure of ApopleHDA.kext, hex editing and AppleHDAController and AppleHDA binary edits.

Attachments

• HDMI_Audio_Kext_Verification.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 325
Okay guess i screwed up the kext. Failed to load on reboot! Tried single user mode sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
but i got strange things in output with ? @ the end to do with contents of kext. Any advice?

oheavens2betsy said:
Okay guess i screwed up the kext. Failed to load on reboot! Tried single user mode sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
but i got strange things in output with ? @ the end to do with contents of kext. Any advice?
Boot in safe mode (-x); AppleHDA.kext will not load. Install your back up kext and try again.

I made my dsdt with DSDT Editor but i never patch my 889 audio. Would it be ok to that now or would it mess up the whole process? Got my patches from olarilla.com. also i switched by to Alc889 2.1.1 . The AppleHDAController is a black exec that ok.

oheavens2betsy said:
I made my dsdt with DSDT Editor but i never patch my 889 audio. Would it be ok to that now or would it mess up the whole process? Got my patches from olarilla.com. also i switched by to Alc889 2.1.1 . The AppleHDAController is a black exec that ok.
It is not clear to me what you have done or plan to do. I can only provide support for this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back