Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched by to Alc889 2.1.1 . The AppleHDAController is a black exec is that ok. My device id is 09 0e 00 00.I replaced de 10 ea 0b with de 10 ?? ??. Must have had no affect because i can't find IOHDACodecDevice@0.

EVGA GTX 570 SC: Patched AppleHDAController:1. find de 10 ea 0b replaced with de 10 ?? ?? 4 times as directed and sved to desktop. 2. Opened AppleHDA.kext navigated to where the unpatched AppleHDAController is and pasted patched AppleHDAController over it. 3. installed in s/l/e and ran KEXT UTILITY. Restarted and will not boot up. What am i doing wrong? Do i have to use KEXT BEAST OR can i use KEXT UTILITY.

oheavens2betsy said:
EVGA GTX 570 SC: Patched AppleHDAController:1. find de 10 ea 0b replaced with de 10 ?? ?? 4 times as directed and sved to desktop. 2. Opened AppleHDA.kext navigated to where the unpatched AppleHDAController is and pasted patched AppleHDAController over it. 3. installed in s/l/e and ran KEXT UTILITY. Restarted and will not boot up. What am i doing wrong? Do i have to use KEXT BEAST OR can i use KEXT UTILITY.
What is ALC 889 v 2.1.1?

If you actually entered de 10 ?? ?? in the replace field in HexEdit, you made a big mistake. Trash what you did. Reinstall what ever worked and reboot. Verify you have what ever you had before you started this project. Please reread every step in the guide. Make sure you understand what needs to be done.

The ?? ?? means I don't know what device_ids you found. You have to change the ?? ?? to 09 0e which is what you found, right? That means the replace value is de 10 09 0e. For AppleHDA binary, the replace value is not ?? ?? de 10. Replace value. is 18 00 de 10

@ toleda

Thank you for all your help. Maybe if i got more sleep i would've been able to read this guide better. Nevertheless you are AWESOME!

Does anyone know how to get the mic and headphones working on Realtek 889 without breaking HDMI Audio. That would definitely make my Hackintosh complete.

oheavens2betsy said:
@ toleda

Thank you for all your help. Maybe if i got more sleep i would've been able to read this guide better. Nevertheless you are AWESOME!

Does anyone know how to get the mic and headphones working on Realtek 889 without breaking HDMI Audio. That would definitely make my Hackintosh complete.
Try this. All on board works and it includes GTX570 HDMI audio.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    2 MB · Views: 126
Hi,

I am trying to get HDMI Audio working with the following setup:

• Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTX560 TI Phantom
    Gigabyte GA-H67N Mainboard
    OSX 10.7.2
    device id 10de:0e0c
    codec vendor id is 10de:0016

I followed the guide as good as possible, tried the 2.1.3 kext and the old 2.1.1, without success. I think the kext loads, but throws assertions and no devices are displayed in the prefpane.

I have attached all relevant files. Any idea what is wrong?

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• gtx560ti.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 103
sttts said:
Hi,

I am trying to get HDMI Audio working with the following setup:
I have attached all relevant files. Any idea what is wrong?

Regards
Stefan
Attach a copy of your IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As....)

Hi,

a happy new year to everybody!

I have attached the IORegistry export.

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• gtx560ti.zip
    275.5 KB · Views: 87
With a normal unpatched AppleHDA.kext I get the sound devices in the prefpane at least. I have not checked whether I can hear anything. I can check that though.

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back