Ok, I did:
Included SSDT-AWAC.aml
deleted SSDT-DMAR.aml and SSDT-USBW.aml
unchecked DisableIOMapper quirk since I have VT-d disabled in BIOS
inserted "For "csr-active-config" I would recommend "E7030000""
And I got further, but halted with this:

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 09.32.59.jpg

Also:
I boot into my working catalina with Clover. I'm glad to have this working, but now, Catalina boots in verbose mode, even I haven't changed anything with the clover bootloader???
I UNPLUGGED the Harddrive with the clover bootloader even on my install ventura attempts.
Is even the boot verbose argument saved in NVRAM?
I have the horrors of not being able to boot into catalina anymore, even though I made multiple copies on the bottloader that works..

Last edited:
Ok, I did:
Included SSDT-AWAC.aml
deleted SSDT-DMAR.aml and SSDT-USBW.aml
unchecked DisableIOMapper quirk since I have VT-d disabled in BIOS
inserted "For "csr-active-config" I would recommend "E7030000""
And I got further, but halted with this:

View attachment 558317

Also:
I boot into my working catalina with Clover. I'm glad to have this working, but now, Catalina boots in verbose mode, even I haven't changed anything with the clover bootloader???
I UNPLUGGED the Harddrive with the clover bootloader even on my install ventura attempts.
Is even the boot verbose argument saved in NVRAM?
I have the horrors of not being able to boot into catalina anymore, even though I made multiple copies on the bottloader that works..

If you boot Catalina instead of your upgrade then remember you ideally need to reset NVRAM because the "-v" (verbose) boot-command from your OpenCore setup will still be holding in the NVRAM memory. However this should not affect your Catalina disk even so. To prevent any possible damage you can temporarily disable any other attached drive in your BIOS.

Looking at the screengrab, do you only have one disk drive attached? If so run Disk Utility "Repair" on it, just as a precaution. Also, as you can see in the final lines there might be an issue with the hidden EFI partition, so it would be worth verifying exactly what you have in there and checking etc.

If you boot Catalina instead of your upgrade then remember you ideally need to reset NVRAM because the "-v" (verbose) boot-command from your OpenCore setup will still be holding in the NVRAM memory. However this should not affect your Catalina disk even so. To prevent any possible damage you can temporarily disable any other attached drive in your BIOS.

Looking at the screengrab, do you only have one disk drive attached? If so run Disk Utility "Repair" on it, just as a precaution. Also, as you can see in the final lines there might be an issue with the hidden EFI partition, so it would be worth verifying exactly what you have in there and checking etc.
Yes, in fact I do have another EFI partition and bootloader on the SSD I want to install Ventura to.
I now deleted this.
I only have one drive attached, yes.
Also checked the drive for Errors with "first aid" seems to be ok.
Do I have to format the drive prior to the installation?
I have carbon copy of catalina on there that I would like to keep until I know, I can install ventura...

Yes, in fact I do have another EFI partition and bootloader on the SSD I want to install Ventura to.
I now deleted this.
I only have one drive attached, yes.
Also checked the drive for Errors with "first aid" seems to be ok.
Do I have to format the drive prior to the installation?
I have carbon copy of catalina on there that I would like to keep until I know, I can install ventura...

Never erase a back up!! :thumbup:

Yes, if you install to a fresh drive you need to partition and format it first or the installer will not see the drive as a valid location.

If you are upgrading, then no.

If there is more than one EFi in a system the installer can get confused, which is why I suggested disabling any other drives in the BIOS.

:)

Thanks!
I'll give it another whirl in a couple of hrs with other EFIs wiped.

ok, booted with only one EFI present.
But it halted at the exact same spot...
Hm.
I have only the install USB and the drive I want to install to (with the EFI deleted)

ok, booted with only one EFI present.
But it halted at the exact same spot...
Hm.
I have only the install USB and the drive I want to install to (with the EFI deleted)
make sure to fill out:
prev-lang:kbd

set ScanPolicy to 0

make sure to fill out:
prev-lang:kbd

set ScanPolicy to 0
Ok, I had prev-lang:kbd in there but no value.

at scan policy I had a bunch of entries.
unchecked those and I at 0 now.

Back