Contribute
Register

Opencore Black screen on HDMI once the installer starts

I managed to get clover working but the problem of the external screen turning off remains. I also already tried with the igfxonln=1 and -igfxvesa boot options.
your zip file appears to be corrupt

Here's the new one.
you may want to enable the "framebuffers" in the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section as they are currently disabled. remove the #s

you may want to enable the "framebuffers" in the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section as they are currently disabled. remove the #s
Done but the problem remains.
From what little I can see from the laptop display I see that the screen is divided in two and the installer is split.
IMG20240224155216.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
are you able to click and drag those windows?
I can't drag them. Is it possible to use a sortcut to open IORegistryExplorer with the keyboard? Taking advantage of the fact that there are two small screens I would be able to see the GPU connectors.

I can't drag them. Is it possible to use a sortcut to open IORegistryExplorer with the keyboard? Taking advantage of the fact that there are two small screens I would be able to see the connectors.
not really as that is a 3rd party application you use when you have installed macOS

So what could I do?
unless you can disable lvds which is your laptop screen so only your hdmi works

as lvds will be the default choice of screen when booting/installing mac
maybe con-0 / index 0

unless you can disable lvds which is your laptop screen so only your hdmi works

as lvds will be the default choice of screen when booting/installing mac
maybe con-0 / index 0
Could I detach it from the motherboard?

Back