Contribute
Register

Opencore Black screen on HDMI once the installer starts

So what could I do?
Take the drive out of the laptop and attach it to another machine running OS X.
Install El Capitan to the drive.
Return the drive to the laptop.

I unplugged the internal display connector, the external screen stays on but it's all white. Any solution?

I started macOS (from Opencore because if I boot it from Clover it tells me disk2s1: device is write locked in single user mode) and loaded all the kexts from /System/Library/Extensions with kextload. I attach the output of the ioreg -l command, I hope it helps.
The internal and external monitor were connected when I ran the command.
I should point out that my laptop also has a VGA port but it is broken.

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    424.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Take the drive out of the laptop and attach it to another machine running OS X.
Install El Capitan to the drive.
Return the drive to the laptop.
After installing it from another PC, would the problem of the screen turning off disappear?

After installing it from another PC, would the problem of the screen turning off disappear?
It will disappear when you configure your config.plist correctly (if your graphics are actually supported).

Last edited:
It will disappear when you configure your config.plist correctly.
Since I have another laptop with a hackintosh, I could use it to install El Capitan on the other PC's HDD and then turn on screen sharing so I can patch the framebuffer while looking at the screen with VNC.
Can I do this or would it not start?

EDIT1:
I tried to boot El Capitan from my second laptop, but after selecting Install OS X El Capitan, the screen goes black.

Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15IML05
CPU: Intel i5 10210U

EDIT2:
I managed to boot using a fakecpuid but the installer tells me that OS X is already installed even if it is not true.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 5
  • opencore-2024-02-25-103930.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Since I have another laptop with a hackintosh, I could use it to install El Capitan on the other PC's HDD and then turn on screen sharing so I can patch the framebuffer while looking at the screen with VNC.
Can I do this or would it not start?

EDIT1:
I tried to boot El Capitan from my second laptop, but after selecting Install OS X El Capitan, the screen goes black.

Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15IML05
CPU: Intel i5 10210U

EDIT2:
I managed to boot using a fakecpuid but the installer tells me that OS X is already installed even if it is not true.
Could someone help me?

Could someone help me?
if you are trying to install macOS onto another laptop, then you should create a new thread and also update your hardware profile

I installed macOS from my main laptop, put the HDD back in the other laptop, and connected via VNC. I attach OpenCore EFI and IORegistry to patch the framebuffer.
The version of macOS that is installed is High Sierra because it was the only one I was able to install from my main laptop

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    465.4 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 3
Could someone help me please?

Back