Contribute
Register

Problem installing on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might be the thumb drive so I tried it on a different system. I did do a complete install via the thumb drive on an older system I have that has an Intel motherboard. I also tried an install using an iboot CD and a Snow Leopard disk that I have. It also would not install on the new system with the Gigabyte board.
Crazy problem... I will get it going, just not sure how.

tonyhale372 said:
I thought it might be the thumb drive so I tried it on a different system. I did do a complete install via the thumb drive on an older system I have that has an Intel motherboard. I also tried an install using an iboot CD and a Snow Leopard disk that I have. It also would not install on the new system with the Gigabyte board.
Crazy problem... I will get it going, just not sure how.

So it installed on an older system? Do you have the boot order correct in bios? Like you need to have the hd be last and the USB above it

I think I will get another i5 CPU and maybe a different power supply. I am not sure at this point... I guess I will have to swap parts till I find out what is causing the problem.

tonyhale372 said:
I think I will get another i5 CPU and maybe a different power supply. I am not sure at this point... I guess I will have to swap parts till I find out what is causing the problem.

Did you use another USB stick?
I have the same configuration and I did the install from an external harddrive not from a USB stick.
I tied to make a USB stick with a Kingston 8Gb pen drive but no success, it works with a external HDD.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the input guys. I have tried just about everything. It is turning into the ultimate challenge. I will make it work, just not sure how.....

the system you have should be a one time install without any probs for either Snow Leopard or Lion.
The booterror msg simply means that it cannot detect any usb device with booting options.

- Sata to AHCI and HPet to 64-bit
- Boot order: 1st HDD, 2nd CD/DVD
Use F12 at startup to boot with USB-HDD if needed ( it will save you alof of time booting to - bios in and out everytime)
- Use 4GB memory (better for the install to succeed)
- Do NOT use the USB 3.0 ports.. they do not work!
Any other ports should work just fine.

Also use only 1 graphics card, 1 HDD to install the OS on, and unplug any other USB stuff except mouse and keyboard!

Cheers!

I must have a bad motherboard or CPU. I have the BIOS settings as recommended. I installed only 1 4GB memory module. I created a Lion install DVD for the install. After booting from an iboot disk I changed to the Lion install disk. As soon as the system starts to load from the install disk it crashes and reboots.

ok which sata port did you use to connect your HDD?
Try the other ports

it has something to do with not finding the things it needs at boot

tonyhale372 said:
I must have a bad motherboard or CPU. I have the BIOS settings as recommended. I installed only 1 4GB memory module. I created a Lion install DVD for the install. After booting from an iboot disk I changed to the Lion install disk. As soon as the system starts to load from the install disk it crashes and reboots.

Dunno why you'd do it that way. I totally recommend the Unibeast way. Get a 8gig flash drive, and install a copy of Lion from the App Store on to it. 20 minutes later, you'll have a Hackintosh that just needs a gentle tweaking with Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back