Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

So what are the issues that need to be solved?
Correct resolution & WiFi?

I'm thinking about buying this model with 64GB SSD and pop in 240GB straight away, but I don't want Windows, so I am waiting for the clear 'go ahead' :)

Anyone try 10.7.3 yet?

dropdeadike said:
Anyone try 10.7.3 yet?

I got 10.7.3 Will boot to HDMI out as usual no problem.

I have updated my BIOS to 08FW witch gave me 64-bit mode somehow.

But no on board screen working yet. Still only works on 10.7.0 boot with -f.

I have Windows back on it so I can use the machine on the go and when I'm home I connect via HDMI projector and enjoy tablet in OSX 10.7.3.

Im running the new Chimera also.

There is also another funny thing. In 10.7.0 if I update Chimera to 1.8 from 1.6 there is no booting in to native screen using -f. So if anyone has an explanation on that id love to know why. I thought there where just additions to the original boot loader.

Well either way i don't have 1.6 Chimera so I'm stuck just using 10.7.3 at home using HDMI out witch is fine for me.

hmm... i have one of these tablets and have been pondering since day 1 if i should start experimenting... im a designer and use it as my portable cintiq.

i just dont know if i can do anything you havent already tried. maybe we should give snow leapord a try?

dropdeadike said:
hmm... i have one of these tablets and have been pondering since day 1 if i should start experimenting... im a designer and use it as my portable cintiq.

i just dont know if i can do anything you havent already tried. maybe we should give snow leapord a try?

I was thinking of the same thing. Cant hurt, but don't know if anyone has HD3000 working on SL. Ill give it try soon.

from what ive read the 4530s experimenters have the hd3000 working on their snow leapord... maybe bkribs could enlighten us on how we might get it working...

i feel bad for just speculating at this moment in time, i just dont really have the time to try it out anytime soon... maybe in a couple weeks ill give it a whirl

C'mon guys, I sure hope everyone hasn't given upon this. I have been waiting nearly 3 years for a tablet/slate mac (that didn't cost as much as the modbook). This slate was the only reason I have regained in interest in the OSX86 community after nearly giving myself completely to the branded products I originally betrayed 4 years ago for hacks. After nearly 20 different laptop and desktops I swore I was done. The hacking spirt is still in me... unless they come out with a better tablet for the iPad.

So, I have 10.7.3 up and running but with the same 1024 x768 screen resolution and only if I exclude the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext file. I've tried quite a few different AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext's and none seem to help. I've tried different system profiles but they are not making much difference right now becasue they all either hang on boot or take me to a black screen once the SNBFB kext is added back in. I have yet to try to patch the DSDT (I have looked through a few posts for other laptops).

How many people are actually still working on this?

Mac1 said:
C'mon guys, I sure hope everyone hasn't given upon this. I have been waiting nearly 3 years for a tablet/slate mac (that didn't cost as much as the modbook). This slate was the only reason I have regained in interest in the OSX86 community after nearly giving myself completely to the branded products I originally betrayed 4 years ago for hacks. After nearly 20 different laptop and desktops I swore I was done. The hacking spirt is still in me... unless they come out with a better tablet for the iPad.

So, I have 10.7.3 up and running but with the same 1024 x768 screen resolution and only if I exclude the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext file. I've tried quite a few different AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext's and none seem to help. I've tried different system profiles but they are not making much difference right now becasue they all either hang on boot or take me to a black screen once the SNBFB kext is added back in. I have yet to try to patch the DSDT (I have looked through a few posts for other laptops).

How many people are actually still working on this?

Still working on it here and there. No real progress yet. Im actually having issues booting ignoring cache in Chimera 1.7 or 1.8. Only scan boot in 10.7.0 unibeast after install. But when installing the latest MB I can't boot ignoring cache. Any ideas people?

I don't really have anything to add to the devolpment of this project. I signed up for an account just to tell you guys how excited I am to see this type of development going on for the series 7 slate. I just ordered mine from amazon and it should be here around the end of the month. All the apple products I currently own of apples are of the iOS variety. If this development goes on to be successful I will be purchasig a copy of osx for my tablet. I wish you gentlemen luck and many thanks for the work you have already done. Its truly mind blowing that there are people like you guys that aren't afraid to crack open a newly manufactured device and see what all you can shove in it.

My hats off to all of you.

-Kyle

P.s. where is the "were not worthy" smily? It seems oddly appropriate at this moment.

Hey guys, OK sooooo. I have made a DSDT, still no screen :crazy: , but we are getting closer. :think:
More on that later.

I will post my DSDT later when i get home.

So what I have so far after compiling a "Work In Progress DSDT" is:

1)Sound and Volume controls without any voodoo kexts, just edited original Apple kexts.
Have not tested mic yet,but i will tonight.

2)Battery info and state without voodoo kexts, again just edited original Apple kexts.

3)Boot time has improved to a level of OMFG fast.

Ok will post a zip of the the DSDT, plists and kexts.

Till then... :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back