Contribute
Register

SOLVED - Bluetooth not working H170N-WIFI Broadcom BCM94352Z El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to get bluetooth to pair.
Should both BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext be installed in system/library/extensions?
Also
There is a folder My-Hack-name/library/Extensions that contains, see image.

Since i made a mistake before putting extensions in this folder rather then system, maybe there are others in the wrong place.
Does this list look correct?

Attachments

• Extensions.png
    Extensions.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 169
Still trying to get bluetooth to pair.
Should both BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext be installed in system/library/extensions?
Also
There is a folder My-Hack-name/library/Extensions that contains, see image.

Since i made a mistake before putting extensions in this folder rather then system, maybe there are others in the wrong place.
Does this list look correct?

BrcmPatchRAM installation requirements are covered in the README.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Read the README completely thru. I check my firmware version and it was wrong, 4096. I then checked log and I found the message
Unable to locate BrcmFirmwareStore configured firmwares.
[0a5c:216f]: Firmware upgrade failed.
So that explains why it is not working correctly. So I guess I need to install the firmware store.

Read the README completely thru. I check my firmware version and it was wrong, 4096. I then checked log and I found the message
Unable to locate BrcmFirmwareStore configured firmwares.
[0a5c:216f]: Firmware upgrade failed.
So that explains why it is not working correctly. So I guess I need to install the firmware store.

You must install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. The README has complete details on installation requirements.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is installed in system/library/extensions. I used Kext Utility. The error in the log is the same.
Following instructions in the README I was about to install the debug version of BrcmPatchRAM but don't know where it is.

To verify my bluetooth hardware was working I installed windows 10 to see if it would work. It did paired just fine. Also installed Ubuntu and that did not work with symptoms just like OS X.

So back to trying to determine why firmware store can not be found when BrcmFirmwareRepo is installed. Unable to locate BrcmFirmwareStore configured firmwares.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

To verify my bluetooth hardware was working I installed windows 10 to see if it would work. It did paired just fine. Also installed Ubuntu and that did not work with symptoms just like OS X.

So back to trying to determine why firmware store can not be found when BrcmFirmwareRepo is installed. Unable to locate BrcmFirmwareStore configured firmwares.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

If you could answer a question or two first. In the README under the section BrcmPatchRam. The first line
Note if you have an Apple MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro etc, follow the Mac instructions. should i have followed these instructions? I thought it referred to the genuine Mac. but as I read it now looks like I should have done it.

So I started doing it and got stuck on disable SIP. Command R doesnt work on boot and using Clover Recover does not go anywhere. So how do you get to recovery? Thanks

Well she feel over. Boot won't complete anymore. So I guess I start back at reload. Maybe second time thru I won't have this problem. Thanks for you help.

If you could answer a question or two first. In the README under the section BrcmPatchRam. The first line
Note if you have an Apple MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro etc, follow the Mac instructions. should i have followed these instructions? I thought it referred to the genuine Mac. but as I read it now looks like I should have done it.

So I started doing it and got stuck on disable SIP. Command R doesnt work on boot and using Clover Recover does not go anywhere. So how do you get to recovery? Thanks

Your Gigabyte is not a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back