Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Finder Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finder Crash

UPDATE:

I ran the uninstaller for Fast Track Pro and remove everything from my computer. After repairing permissions and restarting, Fast Track Pro works with Plug-n-play.

I am hoping this solved the problem. I am going to leave the computer on for another 2 days to see if I still get a crash.

~ Midsyde

Update Again:

Unfortunately Pro Tools will not open. The drivers are apparently necessary for the program to read the interface...sigh.

I MAY HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM

Going by MacMan's thoughts on the Fast Track Pro. I did some research on the m-audio.fasttrackpro.helper.plist file

I removed it from /private/etc/mach_init_per_user.d/ (Go->Go To Folder... allowed me to access the hidden folder)

I then placed the file into /System/Library/LaunchAgents/

I am not 100% if this fixed the problem, but the device works perfectly fine still. Since the crash happens every 2 days, I will leave my computer on and see in 2 days time what happens. If it's still running smoothly, I will consider the problem to be solved.

Thanks for all the help guys!

~ Midsyde

......Damn

Apparently I didn't fix the problem. Computer crashed again with some interesting lines on the Console. The computer didn't like switching the file over to the LaunchAgents folder.

After start up the file is now missing out of LaunchAgents. I am assuming the computer deleted it.

My question is now....Since the computer removed the file but the audio interface is still read, do you think that fixed the problem? If not, would moving the file (I have a backup of it) to LaunchDaemons be a wise choice?

Any further help would be great! Thanks in advance.

~ Midsyde

Attachments

• Crash3.jpg
    Crash3.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 127

Good news and bad news...

I believe I fixed the Fast Track Pro error. I took the file and moved it to LaunchDaemon with the correct permissions. Haven't had issues with it. (when I removed the file completely I had issued with the device being read by certain apps)

BUT, my computer just crashed and I got the error that I attached to this post.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I would love to fix this crashing problem.

Thanks,

~ Midsyde

Attachments

• Crash4.tiff
    11 KB · Views: 120

ALL BETTER.

Problems have been solved!

I have yet to get an error in Console about the Fast Track Pro. Moving the file to LaunchDaemon with the proper permissions fixed it. Every once in a while the Fast Track Pro wont output sound after coming out of screensaver...but I simply turn it off/on quick and it works fine.

In terms of the com.apple.ReportCrash.Self issue, I made a "LaunchAgents" folder in my USER Library (this folder usually only exists in SYSTEM Library) and I copied the file and placed it in there as well as the "LaunchAgents" folder in System Library.

Computer has been running smooth as silk the past few days. I think's it's safe to say that my crashing problem has been solved!

~ Midsyde

tonymacx86 said:
It could be that you have Put The Hard Drives To Sleep When Possible in System Preferences / Energy Saver. If so, you may get the occasional beachball :beachball: when trying to access the drive via Finder.

For people doing a search like me, having the same problem with the Finder crashing with the beach ball. This suggestion solved my problem. I was having the exact same symptoms as the OP and checking OFF put hard drives to sleep solved it.

Cheers.

Thats interesting...

I haven't had a crash in months and my hard drives are set to never go to sleep. I find they work better with the "put hard drives to sleep when possible" is NOT checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back