Contribute
Register

Stork's Mac Pro Case Build: Asus Z690M-Plus (ThunderboltEX 4) - i5-12600K - Sapphire Plus RX 580

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 19.36.05.png

This too ?

Next Problem #1...

I installed the Asus ThunderboltEX 4 card as per instructions in PCI slot PCIEX16(G4) where I had my Fenvi T-919 WiFi/BT card. I then put Fenvi into the PCIEX1(G3)_2 slot since the _1 slot was covered by the RX 580 graphics card in PCIEX16(G5). Unfortunately, while the BT works, the Wifi doesn't (not recognized). I want Wifi to work so I can get to the printers in the house.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.38.54 AM.png

Problem #2

@CaseySJ, The SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml I have probably won't work with "setup". I've attached the IOReg. Let me know what else you need to enable hot plug.

Thanks in advance, all you knowledgeable folks.

Attachments

• Stork's Asus Z690M-Plus.ioreg
    9.1 MB · Views: 23
Next Problem #1...

I installed the Asus ThunderboltEX 4 card as per instructions in PCI slot PCIEX16(G4) where I had my Fenvi T-919 WiFi/BT card. I then put Fenvi into the PCIEX1(G3)_2 slot since the _1 slot was covered by the RX 580 graphics card in PCIEX16(G5). Unfortunately, while the BT works, the Wifi doesn't (not recognized). I want Wifi to work so I can get to the printers in the house.

Problem #2

@CaseySJ, The SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml I have probably won't work with "setup". I've attached the IOReg. Let me know what else you need to enable hot plug.

Thanks in advance, all you knowledgeable folks.
@Stork,

Problem #1:
  • Please disable all 4 device properties by placing a leading hash mark as shown:
Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.51.45 AM.png

Problem #2:
Although hot plug is problematic on Maple Ridge, we can still apply a SSDT to configure the device tree properly. Simply download and install the attached SSDT, which has been modified for RP21 where the EX-4 card is installed.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP21.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 28
@Stork,

Problem #1:
  • Please disable all 4 device properties by placing a leading hash mark as shown:
View attachment 576977

Problem #2:
Although hot plug is problematic on Maple Ridge, we can still apply a SSDT to configure the device tree properly. Simply download and install the attached SSDT, which has been modified for RP21 where the EX-4 card is installed.
All working now - WiFi and hot plug. Thank you, thank you, @CaseySJ.

I use the About This Hack application which emulates About This Mac.
Thanks for that, will look in to it.

Back