Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 205247
So I have my hack together and I have aa problem after installing Multi Beast. The video works fine before adding Multi Beast and rebooting.
For some reason your .mb file is corrupted. Try opening it; if it opens, zip it and reattach it to a follow up post. TIA.

For some reason your .mb file is corrupted. Try opening it; if it opens, zip it and reattach it to a follow up post. TIA.

Thanks, I did a little research and found that BIOS IGPU video memory should be changed from 32 to 64 for HD 530.

All seems to be working fine.

Thanks, I did a little research and found that BIOS IGPU video memory should be changed from 32 to 64 for HD 530.

All seems to be working fine.
Good! I knew that was the case for previous motherboard on-board graphics systems but, since I used a graphics card from the beginning, I've forgotten about raising the on-board graphics memory.

Enjoy your hack! :thumbup:

Thanks Stork, this should get me by until I can decide between the 1060 or RX480 when Sierra comes come's out.

I'd like to know on the new cards how well they will do with FCPX. The main reason I went Hackintosh is for my UAV flying I do. I film most of the stuff in 4K raw and needed something more powerful than my 2012 IMac and 2015 MacBook Pro 15. I'm using the 980ti now and may change. Just a FYI, I finally got around to making a test video. It was 4K 30fps, 2:12 long. iMac did it in 4:48, MacBook Pro was 4:23 and the Hackintosh was 2:01. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

This build sounds great, will definitely try it once the 1060 cards are confirmed to work with it. Any thoughts on dual booting with this machine? I'm considering just getting 2 SSDs, one for windows and one for mac.

This build sounds great, will definitely try it once the 1060 cards are confirmed to work with it. Any thoughts on dual booting with this machine? I'm considering just getting 2 SSDs, one for windows and one for mac.
I actually have mine setup for triple boot. OS X - Windows 10 - Ubuntu 16.04

Stork, any news with new bios updated?
v1902 works very well. The only thing I noticed was, when I plug my Other World Computing USB 3.1 Type-C dock to MyHero's Type-C Rear Panel connector (before boot up), I get connectivity to the USB 3.0 thumb drive plugged into the dock. The motherboard didn't recognize it before. So, minor enhancements.

BTW, I couldn't get connectivity to the dock before the BIOS update but I could get connectivity to a USB Type-C to USB 3.0 adapter cable. However, the Type-C still gets only USB 3.0 speeds. We'll have to wait for Sierra to provide that capability, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back