Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho hum....coming up on almost 2 weeks and still waiting for the motherboard to come back into stock...ARGH! :banghead::lol:

Question for Stork, or anyone using the board. I have 7 SATA devices and looking through the manual I will have to utilize the ASMedia SATA interface. Is this going to cause any issues after my install? I'm only putting in the single SSD drive for the install and that will be on the Intel SATA port.

Cheers

Ho hum....coming up on almost 2 weeks and still waiting for the motherboard to come back into stock...ARGH! :banghead::lol:

Question for Stork, or anyone using the board. I have 7 SATA devices and looking through the manual I will have to utilize the ASMedia SATA interface. Is this going to cause any issues after my install? I'm only putting in the single SSD drive for the install and that will be on the Intel SATA port.

Cheers
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with that many SATA devices. I don't even have that many devises lying around to even test it for you. Hopefully, someone will chime in.

Cheers

I have 6 plugged into my Extreme. And no issue.

Edit. Two Samsung EVO 850 SSD. Two Western Digital 3.5 4TB Drives. One Panasonic Bluray Burner. One Seagate 4TB 3.5 Drive.

Last edited:
I have a question. Do you have your clover.config available? Besides the SSDT you're using for the processor, does the SSDT also contain any edits for the USB fixes, Wifi, Audio etc etc?

I was curious if you have incorporated any of the fixes from this thread in your clover.config such as the IOAPIC fix?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221

My system will the the Hero Alpha with i7-6700K, 64 GB memory corsair, and EVGA GTX 770 4GB.

Thanks for this great Guide!!

The SSDT for the CPU and the SSDT for USB are separate files. The one for CPU is named ssdt.aml and the one for USB is named ssdt-usb.aml.

Those two files only address CPU (its power states) and USB (port configurations).

The SSDT for the CPU and the SSDT for USB are separate files. The one for CPU is named ssdt.aml and the one for USB is named ssdt-usb.aml.

Those two files only address CPU (its power states) and USB (port configurations).

Do you have a clover config.plist file you can share? I was curious, is everything working for you without the added fixes in the Clover.config such as the IOAPIC fix I mentioned? Maybe this fix relates only to the ASRock board from the link I posted and the not Hero or Gene?

Thanks!!

I don't have the Hero motherboard. I have the Gene.

I did not do the IOAPIC fix and have not encountered anything not working.

I have a question. Do you have your clover.config available? Besides the SSDT which you're using for the processor, does the SSDT also contain any edits for the USB fixes, Wifi, Audio etc etc?

I was curious if you have incorporated any of the fixes from this thread in your clover.config such as the IOAPIC fix?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221

My system will the the Hero Alpha with i7-6700K, 64 GB memory corsair, and EVGA GTX 770 4GB.

Thanks for this great Guide!!
Re: config.plist. No, I will not post my config.plist as it contains my iMessage system information which I do not want to make public. Besides, if you follow my installation procedures, your system will work.

Re: SSDT. No, the SSDT is strictly used for power management. I used the MultiBeast USB configuration options shown in the OP's Installation notes.

Re: IOAPIC fix. I turn it off in the BIOS as noted in my BIOS settings in the OP's Installation notes. (Did you read the OP's Installation notes before you posted your questions?)

The only advise I can give you on your system is to use the Nvidia drivers. I thought the Apple drivers would be OK on my 760, but the 760 really needed the Nvidia drivers.

Good luck.

Re: config.plist. No, I will not post my config.plist as it contains my iMessage system information which I do not want to make public. Besides, if you follow my installation procedures, your system will work.

Re: SSDT. No, the SSDT is strictly used for power management. I used the MultiBeast USB configuration options shown in the OP's Installation notes.

Re: IOAPIC fix. I turn it off in the BIOS as noted in my BIOS settings in the OP's Installation notes. (Did you read the OP's Installation notes before you posted your questions?)

The only advise I can give you on your system is to use the Nvidia drivers. I thought the Apple drivers would be OK on my 760, but the 760 really needed the Nvidia drivers.

Good luck.

Sorry I did not catch that disable part for the IOAPIC PCH 24-119 setting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back