Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

I click on install Sonoma. I have the Apple which is displayed on a blue-purple background, and, as soon as the progress bar advances a little, the screen turns black.

I click on install Sonoma. I have the Apple which is displayed on a blue-purple background, and, as soon as the progress bar advances a little, the screen turns black.
start in verbose mode
to start in verbose mode you have to add -v to the highlighed line in the config plist file you are using
Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 14.26.47.png

boot-args --> -v agdpmod=pikera debug=0x100 -wegnoigpu e1000=0 swd_panic=1 npci=0x2000 -lilubetaall

And look when the boot process stops

After this line everything goes black

After this line everything goes black

I don’t understand why.
When the display becames black, hard disk or ssd works (hdd led blinking) or system freeze completely?

Try making again the installer.
Try changing usb port
Try changing display port on the dGPU

When the screen goes black, the discs are still spinning. It's just that we can no longer see anything on the screen. My hard drive is like yours. A NVMe Firecuda. I installed exactly the same config as you except the 5700xt. On the other hand, I tried your first EFI Sonoma this afternoon, and I managed to boot on the key. I managed to install Sonoma on the Firecuda, and on reboot, in the bootloader, when I choose the firecuda, I have the Apple then it turns black. I tried to reboot again on the key to redo the manipulation. And it made me like at the very beginning, Apple and black screen (without being able to access install Sonoma).

I tested all 3 ports

Back