Contribute
Register

The Demise of the iPhone Headphone Jack Hasn't Been Greatly Exaggerated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

trs96

Motherboard
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/01/06/iphone-7-loses-headphone-jack/

Looks like Apple is moving forward with this design change in the iPhone 7. iPhone fans
will again, unwillingly, move into a future without a technology that they are greatly
attached to, 3.5 mm headphone jacks and wired analog audio headsets. There will be
wired headphones with a lightning connector but the only choices now are from Philips
and Beats.

All those earpods will become instantly obsolete. Unless you keep your older iPhone of course !

Surely there will be an adaptor which converts lightening connector to a 3.5mm jack plug?

This bothers me alot- I'll likely need that adapter for a while if I update my iphone 5S, as I don't like the quality loss of bluetooth headphones...

Ive had problems with Bluetooth headphones. Connection keeps dropping my Beats are both Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack problem i find with Bluetooth that it drains the battery also.

Surely there will be an adaptor which converts lightening connector to a 3.5mm jack plug?

Someone will probably come up with one. You would likely lose the audio quality that the lightning
connection with your new headphones would provide. According to Apple, wires are so 20th century.
They envision a bold new world free of cable clutter. I'm not completely ready for it either. Looks
like my next phone will be the 6C. Hope that still has a headphone jack.

I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 7 after my contract ends but I think I'll be going with the iPhone 6s because I'm afraid to say that I won't be able to live without the 3.5mm jack plug. Just hope it's a rumour not actually true.

There's no way I'd spend what they'll be asking for Beats headphones with a lightning connector.
Really don't think it would make them sound significantly better than they do now. 24 bit extra
bass heavy sound wouldn't appeal to me. Not a fan of Hip Hop.

This is just another case of Apple being Apple and forcing customers to give up other brands of products
that they don't profit from. There is one exception right now from Philips, but the reviewer didn't
give these a glowing review. http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...l-review-lightning-connector-headphones-apple

If you want to see a good review of Beats headphones check the MKBHD channel on youtube.
Gives feedback from someone that has actually worn them daily for a longer period of time.

I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 7 after my contract ends but I think I'll be going with the iPhone 6s because I'm afraid to say that I won't be able to live without the 3.5mm jack plug. Just hope it's a rumour not actually true.

I'm with you on that one @JWB as the obsession with phone thinness goes way too far it creates
problems for many of the end users. We all need choices and options but with Apple products
they want to keep taking them away instead.

I had my Beats headphones given me for my Birthday. Yeah Hip-Hop isn't my thing neither. Maybe Apple will make a cable which changes the 3.5mm jack into the lightening cable or maybe they'll just take the 3.5mm jack Beats headphones off market and make them just Bluetooth. To me Bluetooth is pretty much outdated now but apple seems to be using Bluetooth for a lot of things unlike other manufacturers makes no sense. But i think its going to cause a lot of unhappy people with the iPhone 7.

As soon as I saw these rumors floating around, I lost it. I've loved Apple for build quality.

But because you can do something, does not mean you should. 3.5 mm... Like dear God.:banghead:

I've started the quest to a quality Android -- let me tell you it's not too easy, especially because there is so much going around about each of them, and the smaller companies usually cannot compete with the likes of Apple.

May Apple pray that they release their next phone with a headphone jack, because they can just sign me out.

Good luck to all with this ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back