Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I've spent several days trying to get my hackintosh to work properly on macOS Sonoma. By the way, it worked perfectly on Ventura. Except for the Wi-Fi, everything is working, but the hackintosh has become incredibly slow to the point of being infuriating. It makes me completely lose my temper. There are several seconds between when I click the mouse and when it responds. The worst part is that after booting, it almost seems frozen at times. I've checked everything thoroughly, every option (including in the BIOS), every extension, I've tried numerous EFI configurations, I've gone through all of macOS's logs (which are pretty much useless), and honestly, I don't understand what's happening. There's nothing that indicates its behavior (no CPU spikes, disk access, no resource-intensive processes, etc.). If someone could take a look at my EFI and point me to something I might have missed, I would be immensely grateful.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 16
I've spent several days trying to get my hackintosh to work properly on macOS Sonoma. By the way, it worked perfectly on Ventura. Except for the Wi-Fi, everything is working, but the hackintosh has become incredibly slow to the point of being infuriating. It makes me completely lose my temper. There are several seconds between when I click the mouse and when it responds. The worst part is that after booting, it almost seems frozen at times. I've checked everything thoroughly, every option (including in the BIOS), every extension, I've tried numerous EFI configurations, I've gone through all of macOS's logs (which are pretty much useless), and honestly, I don't understand what's happening. There's nothing that indicates its behavior (no CPU spikes, disk access, no resource-intensive processes, etc.). If someone could take a look at my EFI and point me to something I might have missed, I would be immensely grateful.
I had a similar issue on my Z790 board, GeekBench Scores dropped considerably and I had lag and occasional freezing. The fix for me was to update CPUFriend.kext.

thx leesurone for your answer. I never use this extension but I will give it a try ! Can your share your EFI so I compare others differences
It won't help you, too may differences between a Z390 and 790

I understand and you surely right. bu the way, It's incomprehensible; for example, right now, I just rebooted, and it's working perfectly. It's the first time in at least the last 50 reboots. There must be some darn race condition; it's terrible. However, over the past few days, it has already worked perfectly for several hours and then completely froze for no reason, without me doing anything special. This is the first time in several years that it's not only unstable (because it has always been super stable) but also completely unusable. This macOS version is really not a success...

I understand and you surely right. bu the way, It's incomprehensible; for example, right now, I just rebooted, and it's working perfectly. It's the first time in at least the last 50 reboots. There must be some darn race condition; it's terrible. However, over the past few days, it has already worked perfectly for several hours and then completely froze for no reason, without me doing anything special. This is the first time in several years that it's not only unstable (because it has always been super stable) but also completely unusable. This macOS version is really not a success...
I didn’t do a deep dive on your EFI folder, I saw you had the kext and then figured you must be using it. If not adding not making a difference doesn’t surprise me. I think you got a bad install somehow, I have it on 3 different machines no issues. You can try a fresh install on a separate volume same disk if you like most are using APFS formatting and see what happens. Easy to delete if you don’t need it anymore. If it does you can migrate your data and apps over and then delete the older volume.

I didn’t do a deep dive on your EFI folder, I saw you had the kext and then figured you must be using it. If not adding not making a difference doesn’t surprise me. I think you got a bad install somehow, I have it on 3 different machines no issues. You can try a fresh install on a separate volume same disk if you like most are using APFS formatting and see what happens. Easy to delete if you don’t need it anymore. If it does you can migrate your data and apps over and then delete the older volume.
Regarding extension I with the minimal ones (WEG, lilu, appleALC and smc). I reinstalled sonoma severals times (using different ways). It is the times in maybe 13 years I struggle like this and I get a so unstable hack
But maybe you re right I will end up formatting the ssd to make a fresh install :(

Regarding extension I with the minimal ones (WEG, lilu, appleALC and smc). I reinstalled sonoma severals times (using different ways). It is the times in maybe 13 years I struggle like this and I get a so unstable hack
But maybe you re right I will end up formatting the ssd to make a fresh install :(
You know you can leave the existing volume in tact and add a separate volume for the new install.

Back