Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

After battling like a lion for 5 days and pulling my hair out like it's not allowed, I found the problem, and I must say I'm quite frustrated: it's the brand-new Samsung 870 Pro SSD that gave up the ghost, well, almost. A speed test shows that it spikes in sequential reads at 5MB/s (yes, just like an old USB flash drive) instead of the 3500MB/s it had a week ago. Really unlucky. So, it's going back to Amazon, and I'm getting a Western Digital instead (at least I won't have boot speed issues).

Sonoma works very well except yup wifi breaks, even with natively supported broadcom cards. I've tried the well documented methods that involves injecting additional kexts and OCLP, but that didn't work as well. Message and Airdrop supposedly does not function well with the Intel cards so not that ideal either. Looks like I'm sticking to Ventura for a while + few more years before it's time to go for Apple silicon.

Any good ideas people? I have the BCM94360CS2.

Hey guys I have the same setup, and I'm trying to install Sonoma using the EFI provided. But I'm not seeing my NVMe drive in the Disk Utility when trying install... Any idea why that would be? Do I need a kext for it ?
Thanks.

Oh boy, thanks @ModMike for still providing the EFI for this Board. I switched out my RX570 for an RX6600XT and was maybe a little bit to optimistic, that it will work out just fine while also updating from Monterey .0.1 to .7.2 haha
Well I was stuck, couldn't access any drive and my copied EFI didn't work. But your @ModMike EFI ofc worked just fine. Many thanks!

Unfortunately my RX6600XT is having some serious coil whine under MacOS (under Windows it's completely fine). Have you guys any idea what I could try to tinker with to reduce it? To me it seems the GPU is used a lot more under MacOS than it is under Windows. The fan for example is spinning way more often under MacOS when idling. Really unfortunate.

Are any of you guys running Monterey or Ventura with the iGPU? Are there any downsides you experience? I'm thinking of ditching the RX6600XT and buy a nVidia card since I will only play games on Windows anyways.

Hey guys, i have some problem with my install or EFI (i don't know). My system was shutdown unexpectedly, after 2-3 years of using macOS Monterey, with error (Lost MIMO space. Write.) but my ssd is fine, all of two.
So, if you have same build like in this topic, please, upload it here, then i can test my system with different variations of EFI configs

Hey guys, i have some problem with my install or EFI (i don't know). My system was shutdown unexpectedly, after 2-3 years of using macOS Monterey, with error (Lost MIMO space. Write.) but my ssd is fine, all of two.
So, if you have same build like in this topic, please, upload it here, then i can test my system with different variations of EFI configs

What SSD exactly?

Are any of you guys running Monterey or Ventura with the iGPU?

I have been this last week, yes (Intel 630)

Works fabulously at 1080p and apparently even 4k/60 if you use Display Port with an adapter to HDMI (or so I've heard)

WD Black SN750 NVME SSD 2 TB

i have 2 items, and same problem on each of these

A-ha!

Had the EXACT same NVMe stick (2TB SN750)
..and your exact same issues and was told the SN770 and newer seemed to have fixed whatever the issue is.

I moved to an SN770 and have had no issues since (I repurposed my SN750 for my Windows install)

Back