Contribute
Register

UEFI Shell usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i am a new-be hackintosher - please bear with me as i am learning :oops:

Post installation problem :

My PS2 mouse and keyboard don't work , so i am stuck at OSX High Sierra login screen, cant type password in ( but they DO work in Clover bootloader)

So i figured out that i need to add a VodooPS2Controller.kext to EFI folder on my OSX hidden EFI partition.
And copy required kexts onto a specifically preformated USB stick --->copy them to EFI in Clover shell with some "secret" shell commands ?

How do i list , view , add ( or remove) any kext to EFI folder from Clover shell ?

thanks in advance for any tips or ideas

cheers
Jazznerd

Just use a USB keyboard and mouse while you install.
don't have usb keyboard , only PS2 , guess gotto go look for a cheapo one righ now , as i cant figure out how to use Clover shell - though the info could help more ppl with similar probs :(
thanks for reply P1LGRIM .

don't have usb keyboard , only PS2 , guess gotto go look for a cheapo one righ now
You don't know someone that you can borrow from for an hour while you run MultiBeast and install the PS/2 drivers ?

You don't know someone that you can borrow from for an hour while you run MultiBeast and install the PS/2 drivers ?
unfortunately i don't

You could put the PS/2 drivers on your USB installer and boot from that.
i do have them manually installed on my 10.13.6 USB installation stick and PS2 has been working during OSX install.
If i boot from USB , how do i install those drivers into EFI of my OSX install without reinstalling High Sierra again, from Utilities Terminal , command line or?
i am confused..

If i boot from USB , how do i install those drivers into EFI of my OSX install without reinstalling High Sierra again, from Utilities Terminal , command line or?
i am confused..
You boot from your USB and at the menu select your hard drive and boot.
When you reach the desktop you can run MultiBeast and install the drivers.
Or you can mount the EFI partitions of your USB and your hard drive and copy the drivers from the USB to the hard drive.

EFIMounter

You boot from your USB and at the menu select your hard drive and boot.
When you reach the desktop you can run MultiBeast and install the drivers.
Or you can mount the EFI partitions of your USB and your hard drive and copy the drivers from the USB to the hard drive.

EFIMounter
if i boot from USB i can't reach desktop, all i can reach is macOS Utilities screen,
i can launch terminal or brows all mounted disks from there but all the files are grayed out. what am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• USB_Boot_Options.JPG
    USB_Boot_Options.JPG
    646.9 KB · Views: 208
  • USB.Boot_Disks.JPG
    USB.Boot_Disks.JPG
    641.5 KB · Views: 238
  • USB.Boot_Desktop_Grayed_Out.JPG
    USB.Boot_Desktop_Grayed_Out.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 232
  • USB_Boot_Installed_Kexts.JPG
    USB_Boot_Installed_Kexts.JPG