Contribute
Register

UEFI Shell usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I boot up HP6300 hold F9 key to get to BIOS boot options,
at the USB boot , i've got only BIOS boot selection or CLover Boot screen , in booth booting to Hard Drive ends in Login Screen where i can't type.
you can see the boot sequence in screenshots.

Attachments

• BIOS_USB_Boot.JPG
    BIOS_USB_Boot.JPG
    875.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Clover.JPG
    Clover.JPG
    562.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Login_No_PS2_Keyboard.JPG
    Login_No_PS2_Keyboard.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
at the USB boot , i've got only BIOS boot selection or CLover Boot screen , in booth booting to Hard Drive ends in Login Screen where i can't type.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on and press your boot menu key (Usually F12).
Select your USB as the boot device.
At the Clover boot menu use the arrow keys to select your hard drive and press return to boot.

At this stage the easiest thing to do would be a clean install and when it has completed install the PS/2 drivers before you restart.

Insert your USB installer.
Power on and press your boot menu key (Usually F12).
Select your USB as the boot device.
At the Clover boot menu use the arrow keys to select your hard drive and press return to boot.

thats what i've been doing, booting into HD always ends at the login screen where i can't enter password :crazy:
P.S. the VodooPS2Controller.kext is installed on USB Installer but its not on HD OSX installation. so booting HD won't make PS2 keyboard work. i need to somehow copy the needed kext to the HD from USB without booting into HD - the reason why i've asked how to do it from the Clover Shell ,

I bet there are some other users like me that messed up their post installation with Multibeast or whatever and their keyboard and mouse whether USB or PS2 stopped working - There must be a Shell/Terminal commands solution :roll2:

Last edited:
At this stage the easiest thing to do would be a clean install and when it has completed install the PS/2 drivers before you restart.
sure i've been contemplating this route,
but that defeats the purpose of this thread UEFI Shell Usage

Hey friends. So I hid all my volumes by accident. What a great time to learn Shell. So far I've gotten as far as finding the right drive (FS6) and entering "cd EFI/CLOVER" successfully.

So im here: FS6:/EFI/CLOVER/>

Im not at all sure on how to remove those hidden volumes from my playlist OR simply boot from Shell. Any pointers?

Edit: So far I've gotten to List out EFI/CLOVER and can see it's contents using "LS." This is fun.

Progress again: "edit config.plist"

Well that was fun but didn't work as I couldn't save. Ended up booting from a USB, editing the config, rebooting, success. Just FYI for anyone reading.

Last edited:
UEFI Shell tip:

It is important to be able to type a colon for file management purposes. The only answer I've found is to use an older Mac wired keyboard. Wired windows keyboards, wireless keyboards don't work. The only solution for me was to use the full size older wired Apple keyboard.

It's also useful for editing the clover config.plist file if you messed it up and cannot boot into Mac OS X anymore...
How to do this?

EDIT
Ok, so I found that running `map FS0` does something, but I can't do `cd EFI/CLOVER`, output: cd: current directory not specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back