Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> UPDATE BIOS 2001 ASUS PRIME B560-PLUS

I just read this on Dortania:
View attachment 568426
Should I try SSDT-RTC0 ?
Thanks

Hard to say as we don't know what you have already put in your EFI folder tree.

You can create suitable SSDTs using the SSDTTime script by CorpNewt.
Basically I would use SSDT-EC, SSDT-AWAC and SSDT-PLUG.

The RTC fix (AWAC) may or may not be needed for your 500-series chipset - I used one in mine, but if you read your guidance link above the one there is for earlier chipsets.

If problems persist, perhaps ZIP your EFI folder and attach it to a post, after first blanking your serial-numbers.

:)

Just tried booting with SSDT-RTC0 instead SSDT-AWAC, but no luck, stuck as before.

Maybe It is not related to Legacy RTC Clock as I thought.
@UtterDisbelief Where do you see that It is USB related? How can I fix this? Thanks

PXSX errors are related to non-Intel USB chipsets. I checked the ASUS web-site but it doesn't specify what your system uses.

Hard to say as we don't know what you have already put in your EFI folder tree.

You can create suitable SSDTs using the SSDTTime script by CorpNewt.
Basically I would use SSDT-EC, SSDT-AWAC and SSDT-PLUG.

The RTC fix (AWAC) may or may not be needed for your 500-series chipset - I used one in mine, but if you read your guidance link above the one there is for earlier chipsets.

If problems persist, perhaps ZIP your EFI folder and attach it to a post, after first blanking your serial-numbers.

Immagine 2023-06-28 211210.png

Just created those.
Following guide I need on Comet Lake I should use Ssdt plug, EC, AWAC and RHUB.

But you were saying that maybe EC and PLUG could be enough right?
Should I try? Thanks

@UtterDisbelief Just tried with SSDT created with SSDTTime but no luck.

With 4 ssdt PLUG, EC, AWAC, RHUB:

IMG_4388.jpeg

With only EC and PLUG:
IMG_4389.jpeg

:(

Well, you shouldn't need the SSDT-RHUB.aml for any other brand but Asus. It resets the USB stack on each boot. So by all means include that.

I listed the other 3x SSDTs needed.

I totally agree with @Feartech - why fix what isn't broken? Sometimes there are BIOS versions that simply fight against hackintoshing. Stick with what works. :thumbup:

If you really, really want to pursue this then also do as I suggested earlier and ZIP your EFI folder and upload it for us to take a look at.

I had the same issue, latest bios wouldn't work on my Asus, reverted to older version and everything worked fine
why fix what isn't broken? Sometimes there are BIOS versions that simply fight against hackintoshing. Stick with what works

Thanks for all your help guys, I think I'll follow your suggestions.

I'll stick to that older bios version, where everything worked like a charm. Downgrading right now.

So for anyone with Asus Prime B560-Plus like me, who is having problems with booting, maybe is your bios version.
2001 Bios version has issues with macOS.
Try version 1601 and all should be perfect.

Thank you all.

Andyapple

Hi Andyapple,
Can you share your EFI with me? I'm using the same board Asus Prime B-560 Plus with i5-10500. Having issues with installing Ventura. Eveytime I reach the second reboot at 20 Min it gets stuck into update assistant and startup disk. Help.

Hi Andyapple,
Can you share your EFI with me? I'm using the same board Asus Prime B-560 Plus with i5-10500. Having issues with installing Ventura. Eveytime I reach the second reboot at 20 Min it gets stuck into update assistant and startup disk. Help.

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Back