Contribute
Register

Vanilla Kernel and 10.6.7 with GA-P67A-UD5-B3 <GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
michote said:
Nope Jmicron is about a sata controler we don't have. Lnx2Mac Realtek is the network driver.... I just don't add the Jmicron one

So if I understand this right... I can follow Gordo's guide completely but change the DSDT to our UD5 F3 and stay away from the Jmicron. That's it?

EDIT: I just found your DSDT´s for F5 Which one should I use and how? Using MB they should be named .aml instead of .dsl, right? Do I need to completely reinstall or can I just update it in MB as usual? (sry for all these questions but I'm still in learning mode;) )

Sorry if i'm repeating myself... Just want to make shure since I have some trouble to get everything working. ATM stuck on getting my GFX working with GE=Yes

Thanks alot michote :)

Consigliere said:
michote said:
Nope Jmicron is about a sata controler we don't have. Lnx2Mac Realtek is the network driver.... I just don't add the Jmicron one

So if I understand this right... I can follow Gordo's guide completely but change the DSDT to our UD5 F3 and stay away from the Jmicron. That's it?

EDIT: I just found your DSDT´s for F5 Which one should I use and how? Using MB they should be named .aml instead of .dsl, right? Do I need to completely reinstall or can I just update it in MB as usual? (sry for all these questions but I'm still in learning mode;) )

Sorry if i'm repeating myself... Just want to make shure since I have some trouble to get everything working. ATM stuck on getting my GFX working with GE=Yes

THe DSDT I posted are not edited, you should grab and use the one in the database and use smbios iMac11,2. AML and DSL dsdt's are not the same thing, aml are compiled versions dsl are human readable and editable versions. You need a DSDT compiler like
DSDTSE to change from one version to another. The one you eventually use is the DSDT.aml

michote said:
Consigliere said:
michote said:

THe DSDT I posted are not edited, you should grab and use the one in the database and use smbios iMac11,2. AML and DSL dsdt's are not the same thing, aml are compiled versions dsl are human readable and editable versions. You need a DSDT compiler like
DSDTSE to change from one version to another. The one you eventually use is the DSDT.aml

I tried to understand the DSDTSE and I made .aml files of your .dsl files but since you didn't do any changes in them that's probably why nothing really changes for me :)

Oh... I used Gordos Sys.Def. which I think was MacPro 3,1 I will try with iMac and see what happens

New DSDT in the datbase... that is the one I am using now

Just updated it. Place DSDT in /Extra reboot

michote said:

Thanks:) I'm pretty much up and running but I got hysterical long boottime still. "The Aqua Blue Screen from hell" is killing me. It boots up after 10-15 minutes or so. I think it's working behind the bluescreen since I somehow managed to do stuff at my desktop klicking with my mouse and keyboard during bluescreen.

Switching of and on Screen doesn't help either.
Changing DVI outputs didn't seem to do it for me either

I wonder if that could be some kind of error caused by my G500 mouse or something? :/

Consigliere said:
michote said:

Thanks:) I'm pretty much up and running but I got hysterical long boottime still. "The Aqua Blue Screen from hell" is killing me. It boots up after 10-15 minutes or so. I think it's working behind the bluescreen since I somehow managed to do stuff at my desktop klicking with my mouse and keyboard during bluescreen.

I wonder if that could be some kind of error caused by my G500 mouse or something? :/

remove the lacie USB3 kext... boot with another drive and look in /System/Library/Extensions/

and remove PXHCD.kext

That ****ed it up for my system.

fuma said:
Consigliere said:
michote said:

remove the lacie USB3 kext... boot with another drive and look in /System/Library/Extensions/

and remove PXHCD.kext

That ****ed it up for my system.
Ah, will try that... Don't know what any of those kexts do though. Do I not need them at all?

Also: Do I really have to boot from another drive to remove. Can't I just remove it in OS?

Consigliere said:
Ah, will try that... Don't know what any of those kexts do though. Do I not need them at all?

Also: Do I really have to boot from another drive to remove. Can't I just remove it in OS?

Well, I only say boot to another drive because if it's the same blue screen issue I was having with the same board (and that modified USB3 lacie extension), I could not get into the OS on that drive at all. It just would sit there on the first blue screen, and I would hear disk activity.

I always have a fully working rescue drive in case something like this goes wrong.

If you don't see that kext in the /S/L/E then it's a different problem perhaps... but AFAIK, that kext is incompatible with this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back