Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As my car was getting serviced, I discovered there was a Micro Center 20 minutes drive away, so I decided to pay a visit. Pass the returns trolley full of 3080s and the Ryzen 5800X cabinet, there was a whole wall devoted to motherboards!, I took some photos of my favorite motherboard box art.

IMG_2452.png
IMG_2453.png
IMG_2457.png
IMG_2461.png

GPU prices still seemed a little high, but VisionTek put up a good showing with a couple of options to choose from.

IMG_2460.png
IMG_2459.png

Other exciting highlights included these two blinged out cases from Lian Li, loving the blue and white combo there.

IMG_2455.png
IMG_2456.png

A lot of Ryzen 5800X in the cabinet, only two Ryzen 5800X3D interestingly. And what I ended up buying.

IMG_2458.png
IMG_2463.png

And what I ended up buying.
Why fifty feet of Cat5e cable ?

Does this Lian Li case sell with the liquid cooler and fans pre-installed or are they separate ? It would be great if case makers would bundle a good PSU with the case and give you a discount because of that. They could make sure all the cables are the correct length for their specific case and it would make cable mgt. super easy. Unfortunately every case/psu combo I've ever seen throws in a cheapo PSU that's likely to fry your motherboard or go up in flames not long after you plug in.

1650917713750.png

Last edited:
Why fifty feet of Cat5e cable ?
Good question!. The Mini Cube is currently running Clover/Catalina because USB Wifi works, And I'm not comfortable with disabling security just to get it working in Monterey. So I bought 50ft of ethernet cable to reach the access point, which is 15ft away. Then I can install OpenCore and Monterey and have wired Internet.

When I go to Micro Center, I always get the same feeling I got when mom used to bring me to toy stores when I was a kid.

I got a Data Vac years ago. Loud as a jet engine but has worked really well.
Yes, I've got the exact same one. Have used it for 5+ years and it still works well. I blow dust out of a lot of PCs so it's been a really good investment. Cost was fifty something dollars. Looks to have doubled since then.

Back