Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Please help me start iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 530) and audio.

Motherboard
ASUS H110M-C
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
GTX 1650 + Intel HD 530
Please help me start iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 530) and audio. I've been trying for two days now and nothing works. My computer specifications:
Asus H110M-C
Intel core i5-6400 (Skylake)
Nvidia GTX 1650 (doesn't work on hackintosh) and Intel HD Graphics 530
Audio Realtek ALC887
macOS Monterey 12.6.8
OpenCore
EFI is here

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 16
Your EFI is a mess, it is also older than expected (OC 0.6.9 from May 2021), so it is missing a number of improvements.

I have generated an OpenCore 0.9.8 EFI for your Skylake system, including the settings for the IGPU to drive a display. This EFI was based on a Skylake system I have that runs macOS Ventura & Sonoma.
  1. Your USB Ports configuration is duplicated and wrong in respect of the UTBMap.kext.
    1. It contains too many ports and too many ports with the wrong USB connector type.
    2. The Z270 USB kext is better, but logically this wasn't created for your H110 motherboard.
    3. I have enabled the XhciPortLimit quirk in the config.plist, so your USB Ports work when you use this EFI.
      1. You need to rediscover your USB Ports to match the ports on your motherboard. I would recommend you read, read again and then follow the procedure set out in this guide.
      2. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
  2. I have removed a number of kexts, which you don't require for your SKL setup.
  3. I have cleaned up the config.plist, removing unnecessary entries, matching the setup to follow the Dortania SKL guide etc.
  4. I have enabled the OC GUI boot screen, with a populated Resources folder, config settings and OpenCanopy.efi driver.
  5. I have added a few SSDT's, Drivers and Tools to the OC setup, standard settings for your system.
Going by your EFI and lack of updates to your setup, I wonder if you have your Bios configured correctly to run macOS. I would recommend you go through your bios to make sure you have it set correctly, using the Intel Bios settings document attached.

Testing/Booting:

If you want to try this revised EFI, simply add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID data to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the OC setup.
  • Enable your IGPU in the BIOS.
  • You may need to boot in to the BIOS twice to check that the correct graphics settings are in place.
  • As you have an unused Nvidia dGPU present you may need to try some different settings to see the initial phase of the OpenCore boot process, i.e. have the IGPU set as the default graphics card in the bios.
Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive to test the EFI.

Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots macOS without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
    • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
  • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
    • This time boot in to macOS using the revised EFI.
Don't forget to check and set the Bios to run macOS.

Attachments

• EFI-SKL.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 36
  • Bios settings - Intel.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 17
Thank you very much! I did as you said. I managed to get into the loader. I have a problem.

After booting the operating system, I have no signal on the VGA (it is connected to the motherboard), and the HDMI (it is connected to the video card) has a black screen. I put the main CPU graphics monitor in the BIOS and the other settings are fine too.

What should I do in this case? Should I take the video card out of the computer?

Here's the log. I don't know if this can help you in any way.

I will be very grateful to you.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-03-10-123758.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
Your motherboard has a DVI display connector, can you use that in place of the VGA connector & cable?

Using adapters is never a good thing, as some just don't work.

Using VGA without configuring the display connectors (framebuffer patching) will be problematic at best, useless if the connectors are not configured correctly.

Have a read of this Framebuffer patching guide, see if you can follow it to discover and correctly configure the three display connectors on your motherboard. The guide was created to resolve common HDMI black screen issues, but it will solve other issues if followed correctly.

The Framebuffer patching guide calls for some trial and error testing before you will get the three connectors configured correctly.

You should end up with the DeviceProperties for your Skylake IGPU looking something like this, but with three different framebuffer-conX-type entries, to match the three display out connectors on your motherboard.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 14.51.20.png

Your motherboard has a DVI display connector, can you use that in place of the VGA connector & cable?

Using adapters is never a good thing, as some just don't work.

Using VGA without configuring the display connectors (framebuffer patching) will be problematic at best, useless if the connectors are not configured correctly.

Have a read of this Framebuffer patching guide, see if you can follow it to discover and correctly configure the three display connectors on your motherboard. The guide was created to resolve common HDMI black screen issues, but it will solve other issues if followed correctly.

The Framebuffer patching guide calls for some trial and error testing before you will get the three connectors configured correctly.

You should end up with the DeviceProperties for your Skylake IGPU looking something like this, but with three different framebuffer-conX-type entries, to match the three display out connectors on your motherboard.

View attachment 579521
I can't use DVI in any way because I don't have a DVI cable and my monitor only has HDMI and VGA. I have VGA-DisplayPort and VGA-DVI adapters, but my VGA-DVI adapter does not fit into the DVI of my motherboard because there are different types of DVI on my motherboard and adapter.

I can't boot into macOS right now. After finishing loading from any loader, I have a black screen. I switched primary display to Auto, CPU Graphics, PCIE and tried to boot into macOS with OpenCore 0.9.8, OpenCore 0.6.9 and Clover r5157. I deleted the iGPU in Device Properties and tried it too, nothing works. I can't boot into macOS and follow the guide because Hackintool is only available for macOS.

Remove the discrete NVIDIA GPU. See if that helps, after setting the Intel IGPU as the default graphics processor in the bios.

Remove the discrete NVIDIA GPU. See if that helps, after setting the Intel IGPU as the default graphics processor in the bios.
No input signal.

Back