Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to fix this by enabling the iGPU but I have the added complication that mine is unsupported (HD4400). FakePCIID works. The Apple logo is corrupt when XCode is open (even if Instruments is not). Instruments was completely corrupt the first time I opened it. On subsequent opens it seems to work, mostly.

When I ran with this iGPU setup before, I had random reboots- sometimes after minutes of uptime, sometimes after many hours. I therefore don't trust it at all and will be disabling the iGPU again as soon as an Nvidia fix is available. Fingers crossed.

I just fixed my issue, just like yours,
I just inject Intel VGA and set primary VGA to IGFX in BIOS:

Now iBook, Instrument, Xcode working well, without glitch on icons.
So happy :)

In my BIOS I tried toggling IFX from auto to one to off. Auto lets me boot, the other two give me panic errors.

I am connected DP-HDMI and I really have no idea where to start. I've trying injecting INTEL graphics and no go.

If anyone has GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 board and has got this working. I'd love to know what your BIOS settings and any clover settings you made are.

Thanks.

I've got a X99 setup, with a GTX 970. Using codeunsign left instruments not working correctly for me, even if I can see the window.

Could I install a (cheap) second graphics card that is natively supported to render the Instruments window. Any suggestions on what to go for?

y
Am afraid to report it doesn't work on mine. I switched the BIOS to 'enable' for integrated graphics. Then on Clover Configurator (the latest one). I ticked ON on the ACPI section 'IntelGFX' to ON and on the GRAPHICS section 'Inject Intel' to ON. With these changes the icons are still okay but the invisible iBooks problem remains.
yup, it doesn't work at all.

Thanks @vahids! Setting IGFX as primary in my BIOS worked for me too.

See this solution, saved my day! Probably works for iBooks too.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/43569895/480467

I was thinking that too - BUT - for iBooks which file do you apply the codesign to? Apart from the ibooks.app itself there are no other deeper apps to modify, just frameworks ... If you apply the fix to the ibooks app itself it won't run at all. What is worse you can't easily copy a backup and then delete the damaged iBooks.app as it is a protected system file.:rolleyes:

Incidentally, the iGPU "Fix" suggested hereabouts, doesn't work with my build.

The search goes on ... :geek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back