Contribute
Register

[Sucess] GA-H55M-UD2H (F11), Core i3, 8400GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be because I have Graphicsenabler=No.
I tried installing all those graphicsdrivers, and then I could activate Graphicsenabler, and ser my graphics card details. Still didn't have any acceleration though.
Updated to 10.7.4, and KP!! Could not get out of it. Now I've reinstalled, chosen Graphicsenabler=No, and the system is up. Have not tried upgrading to 10.7.4.
Still no graphics though.

Can someone please explain this to me:

Why does EasyBeast + "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" work perfectly, but DSDT + "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" give a KP?

I need to have PCIrootUID=1 on EasyBeast, could it be that I don't on DSDT? (makes no sense for me...)

Does something have to be added to the DSDT when you are using an external graphics card?

If I install the nVidia Driver (270xxxxx) and then enable GraphicsEnabler, I get my card information, but not any acceleration. Also, it seems to just give a KP if upgrading to 10.7.4.

I need someone to help me get full usage of my graphics card with GraphicsEnabler=No, as that is the only way to avoid KP.

I hope this is possible, and that I can upgrade to 10.7.4 without problems. I don't mind losing audio, network etc. while updating, as long as the machine boots, and I don't have to reinstall.

It's the most modern OS from Apple. Having full 64-bit support is something I really want.
I can then easily use a lot of synths in Logic Pro (try running it in 64-bit mode, it's really a difference!).

Lion vs Snow Leopard for me is like Windows XP vs Vista. I really like the faster boot time, the new application view etc.

:headbang:

AAAARGH... I can't get it working!!
What do I have to do with the DSDT to support my GTX 460?

Actually EasyBeast is working with PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=yes - I just need DSDT because I think that will solve my USB-problem (missing in 10.7.4).

I am using the PCIRootUID=1, and I can see that it sees the graphics card with -V on boot.

Btw; I came a bit further. I've always gotten problems when using GraphicsEnabler=Yes on DSDT, and it wouldn't boot afterwards, even if I disabled it in chameleon... Until I now found out that it wasn't disabled. I wrote "-GraphicsEnabler=no" not "GraphicsEnabler=no".

Still doesn't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes for some reason though...

Hi! :wave:

:beachball: Let's start from scratch :beachball:
I have earlier used EasyBeast with good results, only PCIrootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes to enable my graphics card.
The only problem I experienced, was losing 90% of my USB ports when upgrading my 10.7.3 installation to 10.7.4, I hoped DSDT would solve this problem.

I installed with these settings:

Code:
- UserDSDT
- System Utilities
-> Repair Permissions

- Drivers & Bootloaders
-> Kexts & Enablers
-> Disk -> JMicron36x -> JMicron 36x eSATA and JMicron 36x ATA
-> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins

- Networks
-> Install Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver.

- Customization
-> Boot Options -> 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No

My Hardware:
-> Intel Core i3 Processor i3-530 
-> Gigabyte Micro ATX Motherboard GA-H55M-UD2H 
-> Corsair XMS3 8GB 
-> MSI N460GTX Hawk Twin Frozr II 1024GB
-> WD10EARS + WD10EADS (OS X + Win7)
-> S-ATA DVD-burner (don't remember brand)

After install, I could reboot into OS X without problems. My graphics are terrible, and audio doesn't work. :banghead:
I then installed the audio-driver that was given to me earlier, and it worked! Automatically detects headphones etc. Excellent! Haven't tested it 100% yet (have earlier had problems like not being able to mute completely etc).
Also I only had two lines out instead of three, but that's not a problem, I will never use surround on this computer.

Anyways: I tried setting the machine to "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" which resulted into the different errors you can see attached. I also tried with/without miniHDMI etc. (I have one monitor with DVI, and one with miniHDMI).
I booted with "GraphicsEnabler=no" and updated to 10.7.4 - Success, all my USB-ports seem to work, and the system seems stable (needed to reapply audio kext of course).

So, currently I'm down to 1 problem, my graphics.
:ch: HOW can I enable my nVidia card? This seems to be the only thing stopping me from pure awesomeness. :headbang:

Please take a look at these 4 images. (P.S., it can be the same text on some images, but I just wanted to capture all the text.)

This is with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" which did work with EasyBeast, not DSDT.

It seems to be some USB-loading issues (transaction hasn't moved in...?), and some other kext-loading issues and everything stops on:
Code:
Sound assertion...failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1018 goto Exit
Sound assertion...failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit

Could it be the sound card on the graphics card? (HDMI-audio)

Surely some of you must have seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG