Contribute
Register

Updated for 2020 - High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you doing ? Those HP machines were only designed to run Windows. Sorry, it's Friday afternoon. :)
Yeah..i know. But back in 2019's summer..i somehow managed to install high sierra. From what i remember, i updated from sierra. Now i want a clean install..but it doesn't work. Don't know why. I followed every single step.

Try using this terminal command and see if you can reach the installer.

Code:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/{the name of the target volume}/macOS\ install\ data/

Change it to the names you are using where indicated.

Try using this terminal command and see if you can reach the installer.

Code:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/{the name of the target volume}/macOS\ install\ data/

Change it to the names you are using where indicated.
Thx. I'll try :D

when do i put the ssdt.aml file attached in post 1 separately into the ACPI patched folder? Do i delete the ssdt-EC one?

I have managed to get it up and running with web drivers installed and running on build 17g66. Still no sound though, I am using the renamed hd4000 config.plist. What am i missing? Only have ssdt-EC in ACPI patched folder at the moment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
when do i put the ssdt.aml file attached in post 1 separately into the ACPI patched folder? Do i delete the ssdt-EC one?
Do it whenever you want. That is for CPU PM. Keep the SSDT-EC it's mandatory.
Still no sound though, I am using the renamed hd4000 config.plist. What am i missing?
If you have Lilu and AppleALC kexts in the kexts/other folder and are using .plist sound will work. You have the correct .plist if using the one attached. Here's how it looks:
Screen Shot 2.jpg

Post a a screenshot of you System Prefs/Audio Outputs panel for us to look at here.

Do it whenever you want. That is for CPU PM. Keep the SSDT-EC it's mandatory.

If you have Lilu and AppleALC kexts in the kexts/other folder and are using .plist sound will work. You have the correct .plist if using the one attached. Here's how it looks:
View attachment 466501

Post a a screenshot of you System Prefs/Audio Outputs panel for us to look at here.
My bad...all I had to do was update 3 of the kexts in clover, one of which was lilu. sound is now working.

When I had both ssdt files in the patched folder previously, the machine wouldn't boot. I'll have another go now

When I had both ssdt files in the patched folder previously, the machine wouldn't boot.
You might have to generate your own SSDT.aml file for your 3770 if that one doesn't work.

I added it into the patched folder and rebooted and it booted fine...typical! Thanks for your help getting my EFI modernised. Unfortunately I don't think it has fixed my random black screen issue so maybe its hardware related. I'll have to wait and see if it happens again after adding the ssdt.aml file.

Edit: Seems the EFI refresh hasn't fixed my black screen issue. Do you think it could be a motherboard/power supply or other hardware issue? I'm connected with display port and it has happened on two different cables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back