Contribute
Register

Updated for 2020 - High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using this terminal command and see if you can reach the installer.

Code:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/{the name of the target volume}/macOS\ install\ data/

Change it to the names you are using where indicated.
Can't reach the install with that.
It gives me usage of commands as output.
The installer doesn't start.

Can't reach the install with that.
It gives me usage of commands as output.
The installer doesn't start.
Did you remove these brackets ? {the name of your install media}

Did you remove these brackets ? {the name of your install media}
I finally figured it out...
The installer was indeed corrupted.
I'm installing it right now.

Finally i got it fully working!
CPU power management, full gpu acceleration, even alc 221 works with native hd audio wich is very nice to see...
Even bluetooth quality seems to be much better compared to native windows drivers.
I'm shocked.
It runs very smooth and nice.
I'm impressed :D.
I didn't need to patch any dsdt...i just activated in clover "allow unrestricted kexts" right after installation.
Heck, i even installed all updates...and it didn't crashed or something.

Hi k1llerpc, probably a nuwbie question but what does ‘allow unrestricted kexts’ do for you and how do you activate it? Also how do you check cpu power management, full flu accel and the other bits all work? Mine seems to be fine, except my random black screen issue which seems to be less prevalent so far, but not sure how to confirm for sure.

Hi k1llerpc, probably a nuwbie question but what does ‘allow unrestricted kexts’ do for you and how do you activate it? Also how do you check cpu power management, full flu accel and the other bits all work? Mine seems to be fine, except my random black screen issue which seems to be less prevalent so far, but not sure how to confirm for sure.
"Allow unrestricted kexts"..the name speaks for itself. It bypasses SIP in macOS wich allows you to install/load some kexts like applealc or even fakesmc.
I've put those kexts in my efi partition on my high sierra usb installer.
BTW, i followed this tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...K4UJVWhh02uB1B8vJZwzWq26Ci3sgIUqTRCPcIV1Lnt10 (this tutorial was the only one wich worked great with my system).
They installed alongside with hackintosh.
I'm using this for checking power management https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget
As for me, i don't have any black screens issues...or anything like that.
I just installed regular web drivers from download section of this forum and works like a charm.

thanks for the response K1llerPC, what build of HS are you using? I have only been able to get the newest 17g66 build working but there doesn't seem to be an easy downloadable web driver for that build.
Where do you select allow unrestricted kexts? is it a clover option or done during installation?

thanks for the response K1llerPC, what build of HS are you using? I have only been able to get the newest 17g66 build working but there doesn't seem to be an easy downloadable web driver for that build.
Where do you select allow unrestricted kexts? is it a clover option or done during installation?
I'm using the latest HS build 17G12034 with latest web drivers (downloaded from this forum).
If you don't want update to latest build, try this https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update
BTW, follow these steps if you want to enable unrestricted kexts:
Boot in clover>Options>System Parameters>System Integrity Protection>Allow Unrestricted Kexts
And that's it.
As for me, the updates didn't break anything.
But i have a strange issue: sometimes my usb mouse seems to stop working after reboot (it does happen sometimes), and i have to replugg it to work.

I just followed this guide and mostly everything works including booting independently from system drive without the thumb drive (copied the EFI folder).

My audio is broken though - I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. I think it's unclear which elements of the 2018 video should be ignored and which to keep.

I installed everything, skipped apple account login, then did the "iMessage for idiot's guide" (or however that is phrased) which included editing the config.plist using clover configuator. I checked the serial number validity and gave it a fresh UUID. Still no audio. (Honestly, I don't see how the apple account hack helps with Audio, but the posted 2018 video suggests that it is related, hmm... trying to figure this out)

Any tips are appreciated.

Additional INFO:
- hp 8300 sff, i5-3470
- GPU: rx560
- Confirmed that the system drive's EFI partition has AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in the 'other' folder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back