Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Thanks, is this the guide to follow ?

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration​

yes:

I believe HP8300EHI is for 6300, is that correct
No, HP8300ECHI.kext. is for SMBIOS=iMac18,1, so it will not be valid on SMBIOS=iMac13,2. Please delete it.
Please also delete Snik's USBPorts.kext as the definition of EC0 is uncertain.
In my case, defining USBPort in Ventura and later versions causes USB device recognition to malfunction, so I deleted it.
(If it is not an Apple Keyboard, the key recognition will be abnormal)
It is working properly with OpenCore's USB automatic recognition.

I cannot confirm the operation in case of USDT, but compared to HP8300SFF regarding APCI.
1.SSDT.aml; Definition of SATA, but unnecessary
2.SSDT-SLPB.aml: Definition of sleep by power button, but it is unnecessary because it works only with the definition of PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x1f, 0x0)
3.SSDT-SBUS.aml; It works even without it, I deleted it.
4.SSDT-HPET.aml; When created, three ACPI/Patch definitions should be generated, but there is only one.
5.CPUPowerManagement SSDT for i7+3770s is missing.

No, HP8300ECHI.kext. is for SMBIOS=iMac18,1, so it will not be valid on SMBIOS=iMac13,2. Please delete it.
Please also delete Snik's USBPorts.kext as the definition of EC0 is uncertain.
In my case, defining USBPort in Ventura and later versions causes USB device recognition to malfunction, so I deleted it.
(If it is not an Apple Keyboard, the key recognition will be abnormal)
It is working properly with OpenCore's USB automatic recognition.

I cannot confirm the operation in case of USDT, but compared to HP8300SFF regarding APCI.
1.SSDT.aml; Definition of SATA, but unnecessary
2.SSDT-SLPB.aml: Definition of sleep by power button, but it is unnecessary because it works only with the definition of PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x1f, 0x0)
3.SSDT-SBUS.aml; It works even without it, I deleted it.
4.SSDT-HPET.aml; When created, three ACPI/Patch definitions should be generated, but there is only one.
5.CPUPowerManagement SSDT for i7+3770s is missing.
Thank you for looking at it
I wud delete SSDT, SSDT-SLPB, SSDT-SBUS
wud SSDT-HPET have any impact on USB' ?
Also which aml file defines CPU power management
Thank you for your patience
Cheers

wud SSDT-HPET have any impact on USB' ?
With HP8300SFF, sound and USB will not function without SSDT-HPET.
At the time of Opencore 0.5.x, it was not possible to install without this, but now it is possible to install without it, but it is better to have it.

With HP8300SFF, sound and USB will not function without SSDT-HPET.
At the time of Opencore 0.5.x, it was not possible to install without this, but now it is possible to install without it, but it is better to have it.
It did boot without SSDT-HPET, but had kernel panic & crashed, can advise how to generate one?
Did port mapping with USBMap, no luck with USB3 tho, any other suggestions
Cheers

It did boot without SSDT-HPET, but had kernel panic & crashed, can advise how to generate one?
Did port mapping with USBMap, no luck with USB3 tho, any other suggestions
Cheers

Hi there.

Perhaps ZIP and upload your EFI folder here - after first blanking your serial-number etc - and someone can check it for you.

:)

1. First, refer to this guide to get the original DSDT.aml.
(Since SSDTTime is used to create .aml, it was easier to use SSDTTime on Windows.)

2. Load the original DSDT.aml with SSDTTime and create SSDT-HPET and SSDT-EC.

3. Since the .aml created in the resolt folder and the additional Config.plist for OpenCore and Config.plist for Clover have been created, add items from the Config.plist for OpenCore to the Config.plist you are using. Copy

Back