Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

1. First, refer to this guide to get the original DSDT.aml.
(Since SSDTTime is used to create .aml, it was easier to use SSDTTime on Windows.)

2. Load the original DSDT.aml with SSDTTime and create SSDT-HPET and SSDT-EC.

3. Since the .aml created in the resolt folder and the additional Config.plist for OpenCore and Config.plist for Clover have been created, add items from the Config.plist for OpenCore to the Config.plist you are using. Copy
Thanks Asural, Last Q, till next time :)
- Are these dependent on CPU ? I have 2 USDT, one with i7, and the other with i5
Cheers

- Are these dependent on CPU ? I have 2 USDT, one with i7, and the other with i5
Depending on the CPU, the contents of DSDT.aml should change.
I would like to check whether the contents of USDT's DSDT.aml and SFF and CMT are different, so could you compress and attach the resolt folder you created?

Finally a break thru phew!
USB3 working with USBToolBox -> worked [ winPE generates different kext, than macos version, which did not work]
Thanks for all the help

USB3 working with USBToolBox -> worked [ winPE generates different kext, than macos version, which did not work]
I tried to create it using USBToolbox, but even if I selected ALL, the USB2.0 port was not created normally.
Does USB2.0 work properly?

EDIT:
I checked with IORegistryExplorer and it seems that USBToolbox is correct.
The result is the same as without kext such as UTBMap.kext.

Last edited:
I tried to create it using USBToolbox, but even if I selected ALL, the USB2.0 port was not created normally.
Does USB2.0 work properly?

EDIT:
I checked with IORegistryExplorer and it seems that USBToolbox is correct.
The result is the same as without kext such as UTBMap.kext.
Hi, bit late to reply, Yes, both USB2 & 3 devices work.

Are you saying that you do not need any kext for USB2 &3 to work properly?

Are you saying that you do not need any kext for USB2 &3 to work properly?
I'm having trouble finding an answer, but I guess the answer is "There is no need to redefine USBPrort with SMBIOS=iMac13,2."
Venture's SMBIOS = iMacPeo1,1, which is old, works fine using HP8300ECHI.kext, but it doesn't work with iMac18,2 or iMac13,2.
(Does not work properly on Sonoma)
In my case, it is currently working properly without redefining USBPrort, but this does not mean that you should not use UTBMap.kext.

I will give try without USB kext, and see what it does. Certainly the old kext i had from 0.6.3 EFI did not work.
Currently i have SSDT-HPET and SSDT-EC activated -> things seem stable
I cud not find what exactly SSDT-MCHC does, any suggestions

I will give try without USB kext, and see what it does. Certainly the old kext i had from 0.6.3 EFI did not work.
Currently i have SSDT-HPET and SSDT-EC activated -> things seem stable
I cud not find what exactly SSDT-MCHC does, any suggestions
Assuming you are using OCLP, the required versions of OprnCore and kexts are listed in "OpenCore Legacy Patcher changelog".

Installation should now be possible by obtaining SSDT-HPET and SSDT-EC.

As a Post Installation, the next thing you need to do is enable CPU Power Management.

I tried to update my 8300 SFF w/ i7-3770K to 14.1.2 and installation went through fine, but now unable to boot up, Here is the video of the error and attached is my EFI..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    72.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back