HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't personally tested, but apparently the 69xx series is working with GraphicsEnabler in Lion. :D

Anyone with one of these cards want to confirm? Post as much info as you can on model, device ID, brand, etc... with screenshots.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Awesome! I hope this is true. I have 6950 with Lion installed but I can't do anything yet because my USB keyboard and mouse won't work. :banghead:

I hope so! I have been tempted to buy a 6950 for a while now!

Hey Tony, thanks for all of your fantastic work!

Lion up and running with a 6870. Two monitors, one through DVI and the other with mini DP to DVI adapter working like a charm!

Edit: Just realized this was for 69xx cards. Oops! Still grateful for all the work you've done, Tony!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 1.57.46 suns.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 1.57.46 suns.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 2,514
So any confirmation on 69xx card yet?

Attempting a work around now, will report back in 10min or so.

EDIT: Doing what is said post below this.

moment0 said:
I have a 6950 flashed to 6970, I can test this soon and will report back with success or not soon, hopefully!

EDIT: Boot process runs fine but hangs on gray screen
pic: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22154000/IMAG0144.jpg

Screen still sleeps after period of time etc...

I managed to get around this issue by removing atiradeonx3000.kext and ati6000controller.kext in the installer partition (don't forget to back them up)

Update: I fixed my usb (mouse & keyboard) issue. Now I need to tinker with this graphics card.
So apparently it works with GraphicsEnabler? Well I set mine to:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Do I need to install any other kexts? Because this alone does nothing for me unfortunately.

I also set:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 -v PCIRootUID=1</string>

But still nothing :(

Any other suggestions?

Partial success...

Lion now boots with my 6950, all animations run smooth as butter (except for launchpad) but there is another problem. Reso is 1024x768. I wonder if changing the reso by boot will fix that issue.

EDIT: Sys info displays 3mb card as in snow leopard, so looks like support might be the same as Lion GM :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back