Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon 69xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install it with a different graphic card first

ralph9994 said:
How am i supposed to install Lion if i am unable to install Snow Leopard with my 6950??

Install it with GraphicsEnabler=No at boot options.

DN38416 said:
ralph9994 said:
How am i supposed to install Lion if i am unable to install Snow Leopard with my 6950??

and than update to latest version. iboot etc. etc. and then install lion??

ralph9994 said:
DN38416 said:
ralph9994 said:

and than update to latest version. iboot etc. etc. and then install lion??

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit sorry. When I install Snow Leopard 10.6, I have to use an older version of iBoot (for some reason the latest one doesn't work on 10.6). Once it's updated to 10.6.8, then the latest iBoot will work. Run latest multibeast once it's updated.

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit sorry. When I install Snow Leopard 10.6, I have to use an older version of iBoot (for some reason the latest one doesn't work on 10.6). Once it's updated to 10.6.8, then the latest iBoot will work. Run latest multibeast once it's updated.

what version may that be?? or just any older version other than the latest??

ralph9994 said:

what version may that be?? or just any older version other than the latest??

Yeah just older than the latest I think.. I'm not sure which version I used (i have a couple of unlabelled iBoot cds laying around)

DN38416 said:
Awesome! I hope this is true. I have 6950 with Lion installed but I can't do anything yet because my USB keyboard and mouse won't work. :banghead:
If you have a gigabyte board with usb3 slots, keyboards don't seem to work in them . I had to move mine to the shared esata/usb2 slots closest to the top/right side.

dizzy8578 said:
DN38416 said:
Awesome! I hope this is true. I have 6950 with Lion installed but I can't do anything yet because my USB keyboard and mouse won't work. :banghead:
If you have a gigabyte board with usb3 slots, keyboards don't seem to work in them . I had to move mine to the shared esata/usb2 slots closest to the top/right side.

Thanks for that. I managed to get them working by using snow leopard kexts (at least, i think i am... i've swapped them around so many times now I can't even remember which ones i'm using)

But if I run into trouble again, I'll try your method :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back