Contribute
Register

Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac card

Status
Not open for further replies.
;-) OutOfftheBox

Just take the card out of the box and put into your PC, no need to install any software or driver.
It's supported right away by OSX.

For me it works, but of course depends also on the router, the distance between the PC and router etc.

Apple TimeCapsule

Are you able to get 1300 Mbit/s link speed? I'm only getting 600 Mbit/s with a Netgear R7000 AC router. I've tried all sorts of configuration on the router but cannot get it up to 1300.

Are you able to get 1300 Mbit/s link speed? I'm only getting 600 Mbit/s with a Netgear R7000 AC router. I've tried all sorts of configuration on the router but cannot get it up to 1300.

Use different SIDs (Wifi network names) for 2.4 & 5 GHz bands and connect specifically to the 5Ghz band.

Sometimes 600, sometimes 867.

Use different SIDs (Wifi network names) for 2.4 & 5 GHz bands and connect specifically to the 5Ghz band.

I'm on the 5Ghz band (AC-only) but cannot link to 1300. The 2.4 Ghz (N-only) is for iPad, chromecast, smartphones. I'm using DD-WRT firmware on my router and it states link speed of 1300, but when I connect to it my hackintosh only connects at 600. I'm curious if anyone has full link speed, 1300. Oh and my router is about 20 feet from the computer with no obstruction.

I'm on the 5Ghz band (AC-only) but cannot link to 1300. The 2.4 Ghz (N-only) is for iPad, chromecast, smartphones. I'm using DD-WRT firmware on my router and it states link speed of 1300, but when I connect to it my hackintosh only connects at 600. I'm curious if anyone has full link speed, 1300. Oh and my router is about 20 feet from the computer with no obstruction.

Maybe if you try the Asus AC68U router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back